The Queen of the South thread

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

No Lyon again. Was told a couple weeks back that he needed some kind of operation but hoped it wasn't the case as he featured in that training video the other night. Given he hasn't featured so far I'm guessing it's the case. Hopefully not out too long if so. 

No sign of Brydon or Church yet either.  

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

No Lyon again. Was told a couple weeks back that he needed some kind of operation but hoped it wasn't the case as he featured in that training video the other night. Given he hasn't featured so far I'm guessing it's the case. Hopefully not out too long if so. 

Out for half the season (joke) hope he's ok will be a cracking signing for you guys 

Just now, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Is Brydon not on the bench. Assumed Bryson was a typo?

No, that'll be Cammy Bryson - youth player who was on loan at Dalbeattie last season but didn't feature much there.

35 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Mimnaugh signs for East Kilbride.

Good signing when he gets fit  according to Murphy will not be till August / Sept.

Moving on hope Lyon Brydon and Church are not going to be out long they will be 3 key players for us this season .

Hopefully the player he has agreed terms with and the other 2 he is close to getting are of the quality we need .

Would rather have quality than quantity that was our problem last season .

Good workout against Morton. Thought both our keepers did well. The local lads did well also. Ross had a very good game as did Kennedy, Douglas and Dickenson. No surprise that Docherty and McKechnie ran about a lot but achieved very little...had they been trialists it would have been bye and thank you. Was not impressed by Cochrane when he came on either. Quite an entertaining friendly.

40 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

Good workout against Morton. Thought both our keepers did well. The local lads did well also. Ross had a very good game as did Kennedy, Douglas and Dickenson. No surprise that Docherty and McKechnie ran about a lot but achieved very little...had they been trialists it would have been bye and thank you. Was not impressed by Cochrane when he came on either. Quite an entertaining friendly.

Don't see him being captain this season and unless we have our injury woes in midfield I don't see him getting a lot of game time.

Lyon returned to training this week. I’m guessing he’s just being looked after. 

Not that I think either are the answer but though Doherty did reasonably well and Mckechnie was improved from other night (I’m not a fan of his). 

Stewart in goals comfortable and his distribution was excellent. Back 3 solid, Douglas won everything in the air, dickenson continues to stroll and i thought young rogerson had a good game. Barnes did well on the right, would be happy to take chance as he’s versatile but would still be looking for a right back. On the left tbh I thought euan Ross struggled first half and got better second, technically he’s decent but positionally all over the bit but he’s not a wing back to his defence. Midfield I thought worked well, Ben Johnstone with another good display. Quite encouraged by the fact lyon has to come into that, don’t know how you fit them in at moment, cochrane well out picture for me. upfront as I’ve said neither would be starters but thought Doherty did fine and Mckechnie was ok.

A good competitive friendly 

1 hour ago, bod said:

Don't see him being captain this season and unless we have our injury woes in midfield I don't see him getting a lot of game time.

I'll be surprised if it isn't Douglas given he was captain for Murphy at Annan. 

What kind of line up was it? Was it wing-backs with a front two or a similar set up to Bartley's? 

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'll be surprised if it isn't Douglas given he was captain for Murphy at Annan. 

What kind of line up was it? Was it wing-backs with a front two or a similar set up to Bartley's? 

352 with one of the centre mids interchanging to join the press. 

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I really like Brydon as a player but feck me he’s constantly injured. 

Aye, I'm getting the feeling it's going to be him throughout his career unfortunately. Or he'll be another Morrison and be fine after leaving us.

Church is slowly giving me the fear he's another Chima as well. Hopefully neither is the case and they both feature regularly this season. 

5 hours ago, BeeJay said:

Was the sub keeper a trialist?  If so, any idea who he is?