The Queen of the South thread

21 hours ago, Aguerooooo said:

Johnston is a country mile ahead of Oram both technically and physically. 

Embarassing that the McLinden boy has been given a deal. Token gesture. Probably due to the fact that his dad is on the board at Palmerston. 

Johnston should be physically ahead of Oram..hes had first team training for over 2 years whilst Orams been training at Palmerston with u18s and was also out for around 8 months with a shoulder injury...which Queens did nothing for him in relation to his recovery.

Do you place your opinion of him on roughly 130 minutes in the pre season games?No way is Johnston as you put it "miles ahead" technically.

Agree with you on McLindon.Watched nearly every reserve game and he showed nothing.

21 hours ago, QoS99 said:

Yep not a lot of self critiquing going on. He effectively said his work rate wasn’t being matched by the players and there were “7 or 8 bad apples” in the dressing room last year.

7 or 8?

That's one Hell of a strike rate.  The phrase is based on the premise that one can be destructive.  For a third of our squad to fit the description is some going.

Hats off.

18 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

7 or 8?

That's one Hell of a strike rate.  The phrase is based on the premise that one can be destructive.  For a third of our squad to fit the description is some going.

Hats off.

Disappointing but as he recruited most of the squad he has got to take some responsibility for signing them and failing to man manage them to get the best out of them….

10 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Disappointing but as he recruited most of the squad he has got to take some responsibility for signing them and failing to man manage them to get the best out of them….

Some responsibility!!!

I'd be saying most but as usual for him, he's deflected the blame.

14 minutes ago, bod said:

Some responsibility!!!

I'd be saying most but as usual for him, he's deflected the blame.

Yes, just another exercise in abdicating responsibility.  I understand where he is coming from with some of it but he has to accept responsibility for signing these players and persisting with a non working system.   Is sending them a big screed of tactics on Whatsapp really the best way to go about it? On the evidence of last season I think not.  At the very least he should have done some due diligence as to how these players conduct themselves in general life.

Intrigued as to who Bartleys 7 or 8 ‘bad apples’ were and who now may be left in the squad. More likely there there 2 or 3 significantly negative influences then a number who just couldn’t (or wouldn’t) buy into Bartley’s ‘vision’ (whatever that may have been).  Just a shit show of a season in which he’ll never absorb any of the blame. 

39 minutes ago, Artemis said:

Queens are now selling home tickets for Saturday in section 1 of the BDS.

I wonder if that means the Aberdeen fans aren’t travelling in as big a number as hoped?!

22 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

I wonder if that means the Aberdeen fans aren’t travelling in as big a number as hoped?!

They’ve sold out what they got given.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

Think Murphy said they got 2,000 tickets. With it being their new manager's first game, a Saturday, a change of venue from the normal league business and potentially a good day out, I'd anticipate good numbers will travel ... plus The Dandies always take big away supports anyway.

Probably looking at something like 3,500 for this ... bring on the red £££. 👌👍👏

Edited by Otis Blue

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

They’ve sold out what they got given.

From their website, I think they’ve pretty much sold out sections 4 to 9 (there are about 50 left and I don’t think sections 2 and 3 were ever available). I’m guessing section 3 will be opened up for any of their late sales and section 2 will be mainly for segregation. 
Their website says “Last tickets” for the few remaining so either section 3 won’t be opened up or they want to make sure they’ve sold out 4-9 first.
Edit Or they could have already sold out section 3 and I just didn’t see it.

Edited by Artemis

1 hour ago, ALOREBURNE said:

That’s us confirmed the signing of Hewitt

Is Mumbungo still with Accies or was he released? Given the relatively urgent need for more forwards, could go worse than giving him another chance. 

1 minute ago, rubber_duck said:

Is Mumbungo still with Accies or was he released? Given the relatively urgent need for more forwards, could go worse than giving him another chance. 

Just read he is without club.