The Queen of the South thread

I see our goalkeeper Zander Clark has just tweeted that he's hoping to get the paperwork tied up tomorrow on a loan deal that would see him move to Palmerston. Teaming up again with Mark Durnan who he played with at Elgin and in the youth sides at Saints.

He's a good, imposing goalkeeper but badly lacks the experience he desperately needs I think you could argue. Saints have kept him on for three seasons now as part of the first team squad (in preference to Jonny Tuffey this summer) so clearly see something in him.

I see our goalkeeper Zander Clark has just tweeted that he's hoping to get the paperwork tied up tomorrow on a loan deal that would see him move to Palmerston. Teaming up again with Mark Durnan who he played with at Elgin and in the youth sides at Saints.

He's a good, imposing goalkeeper but badly lacks the experience he desperately needs I think you could argue. Saints have kept him on for three seasons now as part of the first team squad (in preference to Jonny Tuffey this summer) so clearly see something in him.

Please be true. I'd take Zander Diamond instead of Antell.

He's a good, imposing goalkeeper but badly lacks the experience he desperately needs I think you could argue. Saints have kept him on for three seasons now as part of the first team squad (in preference to Jonny Tuffey this summer) so clearly see something in him.

I thought loan deals couldn't be done outwith the window, although goalkeepers can be loaned in exceptional circumstances? How do we justify it to the SPFL?

He's unlikely to play in the same team as Durnan, though, unless McIntyre changes his policy.

I thought loan deals couldn't be done outwith the window, although goalkeepers can be loaned in exceptional circumstances? How do we justify it to the SPFL?

The emergency loan system, slightly adapted from the SFL days, still exists. Rangers loaned Scott Gallagher to Airdrie and Andrew Mitchell to Annan after the window closed.

The emergency loan system, slightly adapted from the SFL days, still exists. Rangers loaned Scott Gallagher to Airdrie and Andrew Mitchell to Annan after the window closed.

The rule I found says a goalkeeper may be loaned outside the registration period in exceptional circumstances. I guess if Antell is injured, that is an exceptional circumstance, which I didn't know about when I posted.

I may have missed another rule permitting loan deals outside the registration period, though.