The Queen of the South thread

From BBC website

'A footballer has appeared in court accused of punching a man unconscious outside a Dumfries pub.Queen of the South defender Ryan McGuffie denied attacking Graham Neish near the Flesher's Arms at the weekend.McGuffie, 33, from Dumfries, made a brief appearance at the town's sheriff court.He also denied assaulting and pushing a woman near the Loreburn Street bar, and threatening door stewards at the pub. Trial was set for 19 March next year.Mr McGuffie was freed on bail, on the condition that he does not enter the pub or communicate with Mr Neish.'

From BBC website

'A footballer has appeared in court accused of punching a man unconscious outside a Dumfries pub.Queen of the South defender Ryan McGuffie denied attacking Graham Neish near the Flesher's Arms at the weekend.McGuffie, 33, from Dumfries, made a brief appearance at the town's sheriff court.He also denied assaulting and pushing a woman near the Loreburn Street bar, and threatening door stewards at the pub. Trial was set for 19 March next year.Mr McGuffie was freed on bail, on the condition that he does not enter the pub or communicate with Mr Neish.'

Crikey. He's been convicted of nothing here of course, but it doesn't sound great, or you would say, typical.

Maybe we should get arrows printed on the strips.

On a loosely related theme, I'm sure my dad once told me that one point in the early 70s or thereabouts, Queens fielded someone, as a striker I think, who was then an inmate at the Young Offenders institution near Palmerston.

Is this true?

On a loosely related theme, I'm sure my dad once told me that one point in the early 70s or thereabouts, Queens fielded someone, as a striker I think, who was then an inmate at the Young Offenders institution near Palmerston.

Is this true?

Billy Faulds if mymemory still in tact after all these years!

Crikey. He's been convicted of nothing here of course, but it doesn't sound great, or you would say, typical.

If convicted, will this bring us out of the 1950s and bang up to date?

Or

Hear the prison wardens shout

It's time for slopping out

We are the jailbird boys.

Sing in the showers. We only sing in the showers..

Much better ;)

But it's a proper step down for Ryan from playing against Sevco to playing against Serco (Kudos if you get that)

I'm trying to get the remaining chants out of my system.

"Does the Warden know you're here?"

"Lock down when Mcguffie scores"

"He's big, he's sound, he's held up in the pound"

"Bailiff gies a wave"

Edited by Sloop John B