The Queen of the South thread

So it was the defences fault that Antell chucked it in the net ? Stop it. Lyle is not a division 1 striker

Did I say that? I said antell had a blooper....... But also the defence are not doing there job. And we are not scoring. We are missing chance after chance. It doesn't matter how many they score we need to score more end of, and at the moment we are wasting clear cut chances.

Did I say that? I said antell had a blooper....... But also the defence are not doing there job. And we are not scoring. We are missing chance after chance. It doesn't matter how many they score we need to score more end of, and at the moment we are wasting clear cut chances.

Theres no doubt we're missing too many chances, but we've only failed to score in 3 league games. We scored today but only took one point thanks to another goalkeeping error

Yes you are missing the fact that the defence is not doing there job and the ball is being lost by other players and the fact also that if that is the case sack Lyle cause he's pish aswel. No goals means we don't win either

On this occasion you said the defence aren't doing there job ? The ball was given away by Dowie I think. 35 yards from goal a few passes then to the goalscorer. When he struck his shot I saw no real danger. A daisycutter that any keeper worth their salt would of kept out and at worst conceded a corner, not our Callum. Defence were not to blame for our goal even if it was an individual Dowie error giving the ball away I still thought the danger had passed.

Theres no doubt we're missing too many chances, but we've only failed to score in 3 league games. We scored today but only took one point thanks to another goalkeeping error

But we should be scoring more. I know antell is feeling the pressure but being jeered by your own fans will not fill him with confidence. Robinson was the same when he first came to us. He never filled me with confidence but look at him now he's left a hero after last year. And rightly so he done well. At the end of the day confidence plays a big part. Maybe antell is trying too hard or maybe he is just pish but at the moment he's all we have so nowt we can do.

But we should be scoring more. I know antell is feeling the pressure but being jeered by your own fans will not fill him with confidence. Robinson was the same when he first came to us. He never filled me with confidence but look at him now he's left a hero after last year. And rightly so he done well. At the end of the day confidence plays a big part. Maybe antell is trying too hard or maybe he is just pish but at the moment he's all we have so nowt we can do.

Yes, we should be scoring more. But to win games we only need to score one more goal than the opposition. Today, we scored a goal and would have won had Antell made what was no more than a routine save. No amount of whataboutery will change that

On this occasion you said the defence aren't doing there job ? The ball was given away by Dowie I think. 35 yards from goal a few passes then to the goalscorer. When he struck his shot I saw no real danger. A daisycutter that any keeper worth their salt would of kept out and at worst conceded a corner, not our Callum. Defence were not to blame for our goal even if it was an individual Dowie error giving the ball away I still thought the danger had passed.

I thought Dowie was as much to blame as Antell for the goal. Obviously Antell had a mare again but we could do without our 'star' centre back passing it straight to them 30 seconds after they've missed a good chance.

I thought Dowie was as much to blame as Antell for the goal. Obviously Antell had a mare again but we could do without our 'star' centre back passing it straight to them 30 seconds after they've missed a good chance.

I agree but like I said I felt the danger was over when I saw the striker shoot so weakly. Never a shot that should beat a keeper from 20 yards

Strange game - Queens started brightly but as always if they don't get an early goal the confidence starts to go. Back 5 were never confident all first half. They all looked nervous and didn't help when Antell screwed a pass back straight to a beath player. After that theyw ere always getting in each others way or even worse leaving it to each other. Goal should have been prevente as cheaply given away in midfield and then a blooper by the keeper.

Although Queens didn't play well Lyle hit the cross bar when looked easier to score or at least hit the target (noone has mentioned that. McGuffie must of missed 3 or 4 good chances. Not sure what was going on between keeper and midfield as several times Antell would throw or kick ball to midfielder or centre half who were immediately put under pressure by teams (and Cowden were not the first this season) pressing high up the field. Young was guilty of getting caught on the ball and giving away possesion one of which almost caused a goal in first half.

We were lucky to go in only 1 down but in second half Queens were only team in game until we scored. Someone needs to tell players how not to get caught off side. All too often it happened today when we were going forward and wasn't always the same player. Carmichael and Paton both had good second halves starting to run at defenders.

Surprised Holt and Cowden 11 were not sent off. Both raised hands after the initial incident. Reilly didn't cause any problems after he came on but did link up well with Dan. Goal was coming but you still felt it was going to be one of those days when we would not score. Personally when goal went in I could only see one winner as it had been all Queens for previous 20 mins. How wrong could I be - Beath came close twice. Twice a forward had a run on Antell after crazy defending and I thought keeper may have brought forward down both times (one booked for diving and second after clearing keeper was blocked on the line

A draw about right. Some things improving for Queens and not creating enough clear cut chances but always look like gifting opposition goal(s)

He cost us a point at falkirk last week as well.

Yip same thing another weak low shot that seems like no danger. Anything on target is cover your eyes time. It's not his fault he is totally out of his depth it's Mcintyres for signing him.

Strange game - Queens started brightly but as always if they don't get an early goal the confidence starts to go. Back 5 were never confident all first half. They all looked nervous and didn't help when Antell screwed a pass back straight to a beath player. After that theyw ere always getting in each others way or even worse leaving it to each other. Goal should have been prevente as cheaply given away in midfield and then a blooper by the keeper.

Although Queens didn't play well Lyle hit the cross bar when looked easier to score or at least hit the target (noone has mentioned that. McGuffie must of missed 3 or 4 good chances. Not sure what was going on between keeper and midfield as several times Antell would throw or kick ball to midfielder or centre half who were immediately put under pressure by teams (and Cowden were not the first this season) pressing high up the field. Young was guilty of getting caught on the ball and giving away possesion one of which almost caused a goal in first half.

We were lucky to go in only 1 down but in second half Queens were only team in game until we scored. Someone needs to tell players how not to get caught off side. All too often it happened today when we were going forward and wasn't always the same player. Carmichael and Paton both had good second halves starting to run at defenders.

Surprised Holt and Cowden 11 were not sent off. Both raised hands after the initial incident. Reilly didn't cause any problems after he came on but did link up well with Dan. Goal was coming but you still felt it was going to be one of those days when we would not score. Personally when goal went in I could only see one winner as it had been all Queens for previous 20 mins. How wrong could I be - Beath came close twice. Twice a forward had a run on Antell after crazy defending and I thought keeper may have brought forward down both times (one booked for diving and second after clearing keeper was blocked on the line

A draw about right. Some things improving for Queens and not creating enough clear cut chances but always look like gifting opposition goal(s)

Cowden had obviously done their homework and tried to stop us getting the ball and passing it about. It worked really well, helped by Young having a nightmare.

Cowden had obviously done their homework and tried to stop us getting the ball and passing it about. It worked really well, helped by Young having a nightmare.

With McKenna and burnsy injured we don't have the correct personnel to play a midfield 4 with 2 cm's IMO. Young not quick enough especially alongside Mcshane. Ian has come in and done well but when we have everyone fully fit he would be a rotation option.

Antell

Mitchell Durnan Dowie Holt

McKenna

Burns Kev

Danny Paton

Russell

Reilly,Lyle, Atkinson, Young, Higgins, guff and Mcshane

That would be my team if everyone was fit.

Edited by Broony88

With McKenna and burnsy injured we don't have the correct personnel to play a midfield 4 with 2 cm's IMO. Young not quick enough especially alongside Mcshane. Ian has come in and done well but when we have everyone fully fit he would be a rotation option.

Totally agree. McIntyre buckled to the fan pressure to play 4-4-2 but picked totally the wrong time to do it.

To be honest listening to Queens fans is career suicide as generally those who whinge out loud think it's 1955 and the classic 4-4-2 still works.

But surely keeping some who has scored in 3 of the last 3 league on is the logical thing to do and that it's obvious that the goalkeeper is fucking dreadful.

I appreciate Derek Lyle for what he has done for us but he should not be untouchable as he is well past it at this level.

To be honest listening to Queens fans is career suicide as generally those who whinge out loud think it's 1955 and the classic 4-4-2 still works.

But surely keeping some who has scored in 3 of the last 3 league  on is the logical thing to do and that it's obvious that the goalkeeper is fucking dreadful.

I appreciate Derek Lyle for what he has done for us but he should not be untouchable as he is well past it at this level.

4-4-2 isnt the problem in the same way that 4-3-3 isnt the problem. The problem is the personnel you deploy in whatever system you use, something McIntyre seems to have difficulty with.