The Queen of the South thread

I am assuming that after a full and frank exchange of opinions his coupon was fucked for a second time that day.
Can't really say much more mate as its got to be dealt in court now . The only reason I put on here is that I know it will be common knowledge pretty soon. Your wee pal from georgetown will be able to tell you more if you give him a text.

Don't begrudge any of the players a few beers. After a display like that I would do the same. Given the nature of the performances at the moment though I think they would have been wiser to stay out of the town centre or Dumfries altogether.

Speaking to a couple of he rugby pros from Glasgow and can't quite remember if they said it was part of the contract or if it was voluntary but none drunk during the playing season, understand can't quite compare 2 nd level football team to Glasgow Warriers but shows the diff in professionalism and attitude to fitness.

Speaking to a couple of he rugby pros from Glasgow and can't quite remember if they said it was part of the contract or if it was voluntary but none drunk during the playing season, understand can't quite compare 2 nd level football team to Glasgow Warriers but shows the diff in professionalism and attitude to fitness.

Having seen a rugby international get kicked out of Cav in Edinburgh i'm doubtful of that being widespread, there's also stories of NBA, NFL , Premier League and other Rugby Players going to clubs. It's only getting scrutinised here because somebody broke the law and because we are losing.

Edited by Sloop John B

It's only getting scrutinised here because somebody broke the law and because we are losing.

Wouldn't matter if we were winning or losing. It's being justly scrutinised because they (allegedly) broke the law and have (allegedly) embarrassed the Club.

Wouldn't matter if we were winning or losing. It's being justly scrutinised because they (allegedly) broke the law and have (allegedly) embarrassed the Club.

I was meaning going to nightclubs in relation to Kendonakisaki's post of course allegedly beating up a punter is wrong and frankly moronic.

Edited by Sloop John B

I was meaning going to nightclubs in relation to Kendonakisaki's  post of course allegedly beating up a punter is wrong and frankly moronic. 

Ah ok I agree with you. I couldn't care what they do with their social time as long as they keep their noses clean (pun intended) and don't let it affect their performance on the pitch.

The atmosphere at games is really unsavoury at the moment, the last game I went to at Falkirk some old boy that was sitting a couple seats next to me and have sat near to him at the football for years with no issues, completely lost it after the penalty, calling Lyle a w****r amongst other things. It's just not a nice place to be at times, under Mcpherson it was more a sense of resignation now it seems to be anger.

I haven't got a problem with players going out after a game as I've seen a few of them on the town, but you have to behave yourself as it looks badly on yourself and the club and at a pretty low profile level you can get away with a fair bit. (imagine if Jack Wishere did what the Fleshers Three, as they will be now known, had done instead of having a fag) People who ask you the score after a game on the walk home for their coupon are cretins and I enjoy telling them the wrong scores but you can't punch them. At the players age this could be it for their career if they get sent down.

People are angry because everyone was really looking forward to this season and can't believe what they are witnessing.

Ah ok I agree with you. I couldn't care what they do with their social time as long as they keep their noses clean (pun intended) and don't let it affect their performance on the pitch.

Going out on the bevy after a game is a great way to recover after a game! Professional not!

I think you'll find they're more than entitled to go out for a drink after a game .

The player involved is one of the nicest people you could meet & does loads of community work for the club in his own time .

Although he's been in trouble before it has to said it's completely out of character for him

I think you'll find they're more than entitled to go out for a drink after a game .

The player involved is one of the nicest people you could meet & does loads of community work for the club in his own time .

Although he's been in trouble before it has to said it's completely out of character for him

People do things which are "out of character" when under the influence of alcohol.

Lesson to be learnt.

Don't know who did what in this case but I can say, of the 3 names mentioned one of them is a really nice guy.

It is my opinion however that if you are any sort of " weel kent face " in the town you should not go out drinking in Dumfries.

It's too small a place and the chances of being accosted by some f*cknugget who wants to take issue with you or be your new best pal is just too great.

:huh:

:huh:

Indeed :lol:

Edited by Distant Doonhamer