The Queen of the South thread

Same team same outcome pish! What should next weeks starting line up be? Who would yous drop? Mine is McGuffie and Lyle and I would give Durnan another chance for Dowie. Keeper we will just have to stick with for now although he had a blooper. Kev needs to start in midfield aswel as we were lacking there today.

Antell did have some good saves . Yes; I did say that incase nobody else did.

I always try to defend him. Yes he makes mistakes but so does the rest of the team. He pulled off some good saves today and has done in most of the games av watched, but unfortunately it's only the mistakes that are remembered by a lot of people.

Mcintyre HAS 2 GO .

We need a keeper with experience that will give confidence 2 the back 4 .

We need 2 get back to a 4-4-2 formation that most of the players are comfortable with .

We need to drop Lyle , Mcshane, Guff , Dowie or Higgins . Bring in Mitch , Durns , Kevin and Gavin . Couldn't be bothered celebrating goal as we didnt deserve it . Its all starting 2 reek of Mcpherson football with Players playing all over the shop .One final point has Mcintyre lost the dressing room ??????

Where to start with this debacle. Start with the manager, today he picked what I would say was the poorest selection of the season so far. A central midfield 2 with no creativity and very little bite ( young finished at this level and Mcshane not good enough). Over run in the first 30 minutes by the poorest team in this league. He inexplicably takes Russell off when Lyle was the obvious choice and brings on Kev 75 minutes too late. Antell is terrible and is never a goalkeeper, a visit to the job centre tomorrow morning is definitely required. Their goal was there only chance they created without our help and Antell should of dealt with it with ease but no he chucks it into the net. McIntyre has to go now as the players just arent enjoying their football under him and it's showing in their performances. BOD do the right thing and part with this buffoon.

I always try to defend him. Yes he makes mistakes but so does the rest of the team. He pulled off some good saves today and has done in most of the games av watched, but unfortunately it's only the mistakes that are remembered by a lot of people.

Am I missing something here ? It's his job to stop goals, everyone makes mistakes at their job but if I made such mistakes I would be sacked. They aren't minor mistakes that can be fixed easily. He is brutal.

And the others get criticised. Why should Antell be immune? If Cowden had scored from Dowies awful back pass late on he would be getting pelters for it, and rightly so. As poor as we were today, Antells howler ultimately cost us two points. And it was an absolute howler

Mcintyre HAS 2 GO .

We need a keeper with experience that will give confidence 2 the back 4 .

We need 2 get back to a 4-4-2 formation that most of the players are comfortable with .

We need to drop Lyle , Mcshane, Guff , Dowie or Higgins . Bring in Mitch , Durns , Kevin and Gavin . Couldn't be bothered celebrating goal as we didnt deserve it . Its all starting 2 reek of Mcpherson football with Players playing all over the shop .One final point has Mcintyre lost the dressing room ??????

We played 4-4-2 today, didnt seem to help much. If anything, all it did was allow Cowden to over-run us in midfield.

Where to start with this debacle. Start with the manager, today he picked what I would say was the poorest selection of the season so far. A central midfield 2 with no creativity and very little bite ( young finished at this level and Mcshane not good enough). Over run in the first 30 minutes by the poorest team in this league. He inexplicably takes Russell off when Lyle was the obvious choice and brings on Kev 75 minutes too late. Antell is terrible and is never a goalkeeper, a visit to the job centre tomorrow morning is definitely required. Their goal was there only chance they created without our help and Antell should of dealt with it with ease but no he chucks it into the net. McIntyre has to go now as the players just arent enjoying their football under him and it's showing in their performances. BOD do the right thing and part with this buffoon.

Ooft, not even close. He picked the fans favourite, 4-4-2, moved Paton and Carmichael to the right sides and moved Russell up top. Young had, easily, his worst game in a Queens shirt and McShane struggled to get to grips with the game first half, but with Burns and McKenna out there wasnt much alternative.

Noticed that Antell has stopped tweeting!

48 days ago ... well noticed.

Edited by Mr X

Am I missing something here ? It's his job to stop goals, everyone makes mistakes at their job but if I made such mistakes I would be sacked. They aren't minor mistakes that can be fixed easily. He is brutal.

Yes you are missing the fact that the defence is not doing there job and the ball is being lost by other players and the fact also that if that is the case sack Lyle cause he's pish aswel. No goals means we don't win either

Yes you are missing the fact that the defence is not doing there job and the ball is being lost by other players and the fact also that if that is the case sack Lyle cause he's pish aswel. No goals means we don't win either

IMO that is our worst midfield two we could possibly of picked . Young and Kevin maybe but Mcshane in the heart of a midfield is not the answer. Mitchell would of been a better option or god forbid he gave Slattery a chance.

Young and Kev are too similar to play together in a 4, in my opinion. Ive never been a fan of Mitchell in the centre of midfield either. McShane has done well since he came into the first team, to drop him and bring Slattery in from nowhere would be a bit harsh, no?

In any case, its nowhere near as bad as, not only playing but persisting with, McGuffie in midfield.

No matter how bad the defending, that was a routine save that Antell made an absolute mess of, which ultimately ending up costing us the win. No amount of whataboutery will change that