The Queen of the South thread

Could do with willie back playing with us right now

No thanks our wide players ( midfield) is not the problem, we NEED A GOALIE & A GOALSCORER ( give RUSSELL the job)

Willie Gibson has had his day quality player pity his discipline wasn't the same.

Nice to see he is involved with the youths.

No thanks our wide players ( midfield) is not the problem, we NEED A GOALIE & A GOALSCORER ( give RUSSELL the job)

Willie Gibson has had his day quality player pity his discipline wasn't the same.

Nice to see he is involved with the youths.

Plus, JM would probably play him at centre half.

Today at Palmerston the Under 13 and 15's played Livingston FC.

In the under 13's Queens came from behind twice to secure a 2-2 draw. Scorers,Ryan Muir and Finlay Corsan.

In the afternoon in a quality match (Football wise) Queens impressively saw of LIVI 6-0, goals courtesy of Declan Tremble x2, Owen ? x2, Kieran ? x1 and A N Other x1.

Livi were reduced to 10 men after their keepers' indiscretions but battled on manfully.

Warren Pearson Queens Under 15 Coach was assisted by his new assistant William Gibson.

I hope to post some Under 15 match pics later tonight. Anyone who knows the scorers names feel free to comment.

Wasn't there but it will have been Kieran Pirrie. The Owen could be either Owen Bell or Owen Abraham. They are both in the 15's squad.

Continuity , thats what Alloa have got and we haven't . A wee tweak here and there but on the same path.

It has certainly been a factor in the seamless way we have been competitive since the start of the last two seasons after gaining promotion. This year I expected the manager to get rid of more players than he did, but I think he has correctly gone for keeping largely the same team, while bringing in two or three to strengthen our squad. In particular we have exactly the same back five as we had last season.

Queen of the south v Hamilton Scottish cup third round. Brutal draw.

Managers always ask for a home draw, 50/50 to progress I would say, could have been worse might have been away!.

We were due a dodgy one!

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Since the 2008 Cup Final we've played 8 games in theScottish Cup.

Won 2 Drawn 1 Lost 5.

The wins were Edinburgh City and Partick Thistle away.

The draw was Aberdeen away.

The defeats were Falkirk, Airdrie and Kilmarnock away; Aberdeen and Brechin at home.

Last time we won a SC tie at home was the Dundee quarter final.

Managers always ask for a home draw, 50/50 to progress I would say, could have been worse might have been away!.

We were due a dodgy one!

On current form I am not so optimistic. Play a team 5 times now 6 if it's a draw. Plenty of teams home/away I would of preferred. I wanted Talbot or Linlithgow Rose away or Rangers at home again.

Nice to see Gav and Danny got another ten minute cameo roll each again on Saturday.

Bet theyre both really enjoying this season.

I'm afraid that up to now they don't deserve much more on this seasons earlier performances neither has done much to impress the manager.

My big concern is that Mitchell , Carmichael and Durnan will be wanting to leave soon. This could get worse.

My concern is that we are not scoring enough, so far in the league it's 11 goals from 8 games, and considering 7 of those were scored in the opening 2 games, the return of just 4 from the remaining 6 games is shocking. We have opened the scoring just once in the league all season, and although we have created chances, we are just not lethal enough in front of goal. With regards to the 3 players you mention, Mitchell and Carmichael have struggled this season as you well know, and Durnan will only play if Higgins or Dowie do not, unless JM changes to a back 3? Not sure where they would move to, but on current form, there will not be too many clubs seeking them out.

I'd like to see us bringing a new striker on loan if Reilly isn't the answer for an inconstant Lyle. It worked for Hamilton getting in Stevie May and more clubs might try to the same or failing that, a mannequin as an upgrade on Antell.

Edited by Sloop John B

I'd like to see us bringing a new striker on loan if Reilly isn't the answer for an inconstant Lyle. It worked for Hamilton getting in Stevie May and more clubs might try to the same or failing that, a mannequin as an upgrade on Antell.

Think both ideas have been no brainers for a few weeks and after watching the Falkirk 2nd goal from sat on you tube a goalie is a priority!!

Pretty much in the middle of his goals. Shit keeper costing us far too many points. Lee has his weaknesses but at this level is as good as you are going to get. Let's hope the rumour I heard last week is true that he is coming on loan.

I'd like to see us bringing a new striker on loan if Reilly isn't the answer for an inconstant Lyle. It worked for Hamilton getting in Stevie May and more clubs might try to the same or  failing that, a mannequin as an upgrade on Antell.  

I noticed an article on the BBC saying Nacho Novo is looking for a club in Scotland. We could do far worse than offer him a deal.

Pretty much in the middle of his goals. Shit keeper costing us far too many points. Lee has his weaknesses but at this level is as good as you are going to get. Let's hope the rumour I heard last week is true that he is coming on loan.

fingers toes & eyes crossed!

I am going to add some fuel to this rumour I am afraid. At the last home game I was standing in the pie queue and an older man started yapping to me. He said Lee was coming back part time having got a job at Durham uni. Only saying !

I am going to add some fuel to this rumour I am afraid. At the last home game I was standing in the pie queue and an older man started yapping to me. He said Lee was coming back part time having got a job at Durham uni. Only saying !

Robinson is out injured at this moment in time