The Queen of the South thread

I can think of 4 chances Falkirk had that were absolute last ditch tackles. We played well and had our chances but I think Falkirk deserved the win today. We shoot ourselfs in the foot far too much with terrible defending. Kev gave the ball away for their second goal but his passing was good again today and think once he has more going on ahead of him we will see the best of him. Here's hoping anyway.

I can think of 4 chances Falkirk had that were absolute last ditch tackles. We played well and had our chances but I think Falkirk deserved the win today. We shoot ourselfs in the foot far too much with terrible defending. Kev gave the ball away for their second goal but his passing was good again today and think once he has more going on ahead of him we will see the best of him. Here's hoping anyway.

I personally thought we defended falkirk very well and the game could have went either way. Kev was pretty obviously knackered and was getting increasingly deeper before he made the mistake. McIntyre not subbing him was as bad as subbing Russell.

I personally thought we defended falkirk very well and the game could have went either way. Kev was pretty obviously knackered and was getting increasingly deeper before he made the mistake. McIntyre not subbing him was as bad as subbing Russell.

First half yes Antell had nothing much to do but second half he made two good saves and we cleared two on the line or in the 6 yard box. We looked very ragged at the death.

Last season we got 37% more points than Alloa. We currently have 38 % less than them.

We should have 18 points based on the difference between the teams last season. We've got 8 points.

Even if you don't accept we should have the same percentage more than them, we should still have more. If Alloa can get 13 points from 8 games, how come we can only get 8?

And, by the way, we had 8 points from 8 games under Gus.

Well done McIntyre. Keep up the good work.

I understand your frustration but to put it into a little better perspective for you, I think, Alloa's points total from last season would've won that league 7 times out of the last 10 seasons. Queens were the only full-timers in that league last year and probably had a team which would've competed in this season's Championship with more success than their current set of players.

3 major factors to both team's starts this season.

a) Queens lost their manager, Alloa kept theirs.

b) Queens lost their goalkeeper, Alloa kept theirs.

c) Queens lost their top goalscorer, Alloa kept theirs.

I actually think the goalkeeper is the biggest factor of the above 3. If he'd been replaced with someone of the same ilk as the previous one then the current players(especially the defenders) would have more confidence in their play. Results would perhaps be better and with that, the manager's position wouldn't come into question.

Not having a go btw, just general observations. I still think QOS will come good this season although I think mid-table is the best either team can realistically hope to achieve. I'd settle for that with Alloa although your own ambitions may perhaps be loftier than ours this season.

I understand your frustration but to put it into a little better perspective for you, I think, Alloa's points total from last season would've won that league 7 times out of the last 10 seasons. Queens were the only full-timers in that league last year and probably had a team which would've competed in this season's Championship with more success than their current set of players.

3 major factors to both team's starts this season.

a) Queens lost their manager, Alloa kept theirs.

b) Queens lost their goalkeeper, Alloa kept theirs.

c) Queens lost their top goalscorer, Alloa kept theirs.

I actually think the goalkeeper is the biggest factor of the above 3. If he'd been replaced with someone of the same ilk as the previous one then the current players(especially the defenders) would have more confidence in their play. Results would perhaps be better and with that, the manager's position wouldn't come into question.

Not having a go btw, just general observations. I still think QOS will come good this season although I think mid-table is the best either team can realistically hope to achieve. I'd settle for that with Alloa although your own ambitions may perhaps be loftier than ours this season.

Your post is fair, but I think you're missing why we're annoyed.

We were always going to lose Clark, but Johnston had brought in an able replacement, who the new twit insists on playing out wide, then substituting regardless of how he's doing. McIntyre also signed a 'keeper who nobody coveted and is clearly not up to it.

We were always going to miss the players we lost, but McIntyre has exaggerated that loss by his decisions since. We could have played a team very like last season's but the manager has very consciously decided not to. He has that right, but he's then got to accept huge criticism when it demonstrably doesn't work.

Alloa do actually offer a pretty good control in the experiment to measure how we're doing this year, as opposed to last when factoring in the change of division. The available evidence would suggest that McIntyre is doing an awful job thus far.

My big concern is that Mitchell , Carmichael and Durnan will be wanting to leave soon. This could get worse.

well there was a rumour at dumbarton game that they not playing as there off to killie in January

A little off topic but our 5 best players last season are not getting much game time this year!

Robinson Mitchell Durnan Carmichael & Clark how I would like to see them all start for QoS in January!

Any chance Mccoist giving us Clark on loan to get game time!

And get some championship experience before returning with Rangers next season.

Dreaming again so might as well chuck in Magic too!!!

It's a funny old game!!

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Guest TOPFITTER

Today at Palmerston the Under 13 and 15's played Livingston FC.

In the under 13's Queens came from behind twice to secure a 2-2 draw. Scorers,Ryan Muir and Finlay Corsan.

In the afternoon in a quality match (Football wise) Queens impressively saw of LIVI 6-0, goals courtesy of Declan Tremble x2, Owen ? x2, Kieran ? x1 and A N Other x1.

Livi were reduced to 10 men after their keepers' indiscretions but battled on manfully.

Warren Pearson Queens Under 15 Coach was assisted by his new assistant William Gibson.

I hope to post some Under 15 match pics later tonight. Anyone who knows the scorers names feel free to comment.

Today at Palmerston the Under 13 and 15's played Livingston FC.

In the under 13's Queens came from behind twice to secure a 2-2 draw. Scorers,Ryan Muir and Finlay Corsan.

In the afternoon in a quality match (Football wise) Queens impressively saw of LIVI 6-0, goals courtesy of Declan Tremble x2, Owen ? x2, Kieran ? x1 and A N Other x1.

Livi were reduced to 10 men after their keepers' indiscretions but battled on manfully.

Warren Pearson Queens Under 15 Coach was assisted by his new assistant William Gibson.

I hope to post some Under 15 match pics later tonight. Anyone who knows the scorers names feel free to comment.

Could do with willie back playing with us right now

Could do with willie back playing with us right now

Showed his "ambition" by signing for Celtic Nation. From playing for Crawley Town against Man Utd at Old Trafford he seems to be moving in the right direction on a par with his ability.