The Queen of the South thread

I'm not McIntyre's biggest fan but a win is a win. I would rather take a lucky win any day over a glorious defeat, would you not?!!

He has slowly realised what his strongest back 4 is and that we needed a keeper. It was all pretty obvious to us punters standing watching what was required but unfortunately we do not pick the team.

The next step in that progression is sorting out the midfield which he is also beginning to address. At least now he is starting to pick our strongest starting 11 even if he has somewhat stumbled across it......better late than never. Let's just hope he sticks with it!!!!

C'mon the South.

I'd rather have Higgins in for Dowie, as Durnan seems to have a better understanding with Higgy, and I'd rather have Reilly in for Lyle as Gav presses and gets us higher up the park.

So Dowie is better than Higgins now?

If he moves Russell into a front 2 then he will be getting it.

I prefer Higgins to Dowie but there is nothing to chose between them. Can't argue with a clean sheet yesterday.

Again i would prefer playing 2 up front but we WON 2-0 yesterday. Again, can't argue with that!!!!!

Lets hope so pal but by f**k its painful getting there .Wouldn't have too many faults with his line up yesterday . Horses for courses and I think Lyle was the correct starter as better than Reilly at holding ball up against the wind.

Ok so do you think Lyle held the ball up well in the first half, and why not bring Reilly on earlier on the second half to chase the many through and long balls?

Ok so do you think Lyle held the ball up well in the first half, and why not bring Reilly on earlier on the second half to chase the many through and long balls?

Well, put it this way . Lyle plays better than Reilly with his back to goal and thats the only way it was going to be in the first half .

I prefer Higgins to Dowie but there is nothing to chose between them. Can't argue with a clean sheet yesterday.

Again i would prefer playing 2 up front but we WON 2-0 yesterday. Again, can't argue with that!!!!!

I am not trying to argue with the result but by the posts I have read we seemed to get awarded the points by them making blunders rather than by the manager now getting it, that is all.

I'm getting really excited about our prospects now. Since the opening day, we've now beaten the three part-time teams and Morton. As well as, er, nobody.

If our ambitions extend to staying up, then we're on target.

Heard Higgins is wanted by Partick Thistle in transfer window. That may explain his exclusion last few games

I am not trying to argue with the result but by the posts I have read we seemed to get awarded the points by them making blunders rather than by the manager now getting it, that is all.

Time will tell. It was a massive 3 points yesterday and gives us a bit of breathing space. How many individual errors have cost us points this season? Antell alone must have cost us a good few points. The difference between this season and last is that we are being punished for sloppy play at a higher level.

I am Magic's biggest fan and had he still been here, i'm in no doubt that we would be in a far better position than we are now. I'm not saying we would be topping the league but i'm sure we would be sitting comfortably in mid table looking at a play off spot. TBH if we win our game in hand we wont actually be that far off!!!!

Be interesting to see his starting 11 for next weeks trip to Hamilton. Any major changes from yesterday's winning team then i will be as critical of McIntyre as anybody else.

Edited by Mustafa_sheet

I think most QOS fans don't rate the manager.

He has got us into this mess by his tinkering.

Next week will be a better indication if he is now getting it.

Yesterdays game should not have been a massive game at this point in the season.

Well, put it this way . Lyle plays better than Reilly with his back to goal and thats the only way it was going to be in the first half .

Lucky for us we won the toss and played into the wind in the first half then!

Wrong.

Am I, are you sure?

Normally the teams come out and line up with the home team choosing their favoured end, as was the case yesterday. When the coin was tossed it appeared that we won and it was McKenna who then proceeded on telling everyone to change ends.

Am I, are you sure?

Normally the teams come out and line up with the home team choosing their favoured end, as was the case yesterday. When the coin was tossed it appeared that we won and it was McKenna who then proceeded on telling everyone to change ends.

Apologies. It appears it's me who was wrong.