The Queen of the South thread

I would like a big lad that will cause trouble in the other teams defence pull defenders out of the way creating space for wee gav to run into

i still think oconnor riordan partnership would be a no brainer. :lol: :lol::lol:

That is the funniest P&B comment of 2013 IMHO. Cheers!

Like most on here you are very much into " if it aint broke don't fix it ". Why then are you desperate for Russell to play up front ?

Because maybe if we played with 2 strikers we would be able to win more games. And maybe the games would be better to watch too.

As I've said before, I don't care what formation we play as long as it produces results and is good to watch. Results since Antell has gone have improved, but the games are still pretty dire for the most part.

We have tried 4-4-2, but with an unfit Young and a pretty hopeless McShane in the middle, it was never going to work. But the formation isn't the biggest issue. It is the bare minimum of attacking football that we now play. And my point was that signing another striker won't change that.

g

Because maybe if we played with 2 strikers we would be able to win more games. And maybe the games would be better to watch too.As I've said before, I don't care what formation we play as long as it produces results and is good to watch. Results since Antell has gone have improved, but the games are still pretty dire for the most part. We have tried 4-4-2, but with an unfit Young and a pretty hopeless McShane in the middle, it was never going to work. But the formation isn't the biggest issue. It is the bare minimum of attacking football that we now play. And my point was that signing another striker won't change that.
My point is that if Beany is doing a good job from that position and scoring goals , then its a risk moving him elsewhere. I agree we should play two up but by that I mean bringing someone else in. I really like Lyle but he is best at second half introductions now. I would want to pair Reilly and AN other up front.

Because maybe if we played with 2 strikers we would be able to win more games. And maybe the games would be better to watch too.

As I've said before, I don't care what formation we play as long as it produces results and is good to watch. Results since Antell has gone have improved, but the games are still pretty dire for the most part.

We have tried 4-4-2, but with an unfit Young and a pretty hopeless McShane in the middle, it was never going to work. But the formation isn't the biggest issue. It is the bare minimum of attacking football that we now play. And my point was that signing another striker won't change that.

Are you really suggesting our play is that bad that a better striker will make no difference?

1 up front don't work I will say that now Russell should be up front but tbh he's doing a great job out wide so I would leave him there we need a front man at least 1.

To play Reilly or lyle up front on there own is madness it's not there style lyle has looked ok in some games wee Reilly has struggled tbh.

Russell was a 20 goal a season man. He played in the centre. I agree with all those who say he should be there now. I also agree that we should play with two forwards as a partnership.

I should also like to point out that I do not believe Hell is going to freeze over any time soon.

Happy New Year !

Are you really suggesting our play is that bad that a better striker will make no difference?

Yes. If we were getting the ball into the penalty box a lot and missing chances then a better striker might make a difference. We don't attack enough for a better striker to have any effect.

Anyway, on our budget, where are we going to get a striker who is better than Russell?

If we played Carmichael, Reilly, Russell and Paton nobody would be asking for a new striker. But that won't happen because it is far too adventurous. And this is where the real problem lies.

Yes. If we were getting the ball into the penalty box a lot and missing chances then a better striker might make a difference. We don't attack enough for a better striker to have any effect.

Anyway, on our budget, where are we going to get a striker who is better than Russell?

If we played Carmichael, Reilly, Russell and Paton nobody would be asking for a new striker. But that won't happen because it is far too adventurous. And this is where the real problem lies.

I think you are vastly over-playing this, perceived, negativity of McIntyre. We dont create enough chances, thats true, but we have plenty of the ball and too often we're not attacking because the pass isnt there - although I will agree that often we're guilty of playing too safe and keeping possession rather than trying to take a man on.

Happy New Year to all Queens fans

Zander Clark has agreed to sign on loan till the end of the season.

Now we can release Antell it will free up another wage so we can get a new striker in.

Gary O,Conner would have been perfect for us but he is going to Morton who have made 4 signing already.

Why don't we try and get Derek Riordon.

Play him as a trialist release him if no good.

We must get a striker in even a S.P.L. striker on loan

The Clark deal is an interesting one . By playing for us he is getting the feel and experience of competitive football and that is something not guaranteed on return to St.Johnstone where he is number three . I can see him going back there ,getting frustrated that he is good enough in his own right and wanting a move back to us or elsewhere. The signing of him has cemented our position in the Championship and we would have knocked Hearts out with him in goal. All ifs and buts though. I said at the time that when Antell got 'injured' that we would not see him again in a Queens top and I am even more certain of that now.

Happy New Year to all Queens fans Zander Clark has agreed to sign on loan till the end of the season. Now we can release Antell it will free up another wage so we can get a new striker in. Gary O,Conner would have been perfect for us but he is going to Morton who have made 4 signing already. Why don't we try and get Derek Riordon. Play him as a trialist release him if no good. We must get a striker in even a S.P.L. striker on loan

How does that work then? Unless Antell agrees to a termination we'd have to pay up the rest of his contract. Presumably, although maybe not, we are paying something towards Clarks wages.

I doubt we will be paying much if any thing for Zanders loan period apart from the expenses ie travel and accomadation , but i also doubt brechin will be paying much for Antell.

Unless antell agrees to mutual termanation it would prob cost a bit of cash to get rid of him or on the other hand we could offer him to brechin for free and see if they will take him of our wage budget freeing up a wee bit to spend on someone.

Has anyone got any idea as to any players we are looking at or intrested in.

I'll throw this in. Why would the board want to spend cash on more players when it looks as though the group we have at the moment are capable of keeping us in this league? Next season the Championship, which will probably have Hearts, sevco and possibly Dunfermline in it could possibly be more exciting than the Premier, which the Tic will run away with again.