The Queen of the South thread

Man City regularly play with 2 up front as well. They did it against Spurs and Arsenal. Aggregate score 12-3.

But, yeah, it is old hat and should be consigned to the midden of history.

I'll throw this in. Why would the board want to spend cash on more players when it looks as though the group we have at the moment are capable of keeping us in this league? Next season the Championship, which will probably have Hearts, sevco and possibly Dunfermline in it could possibly be more exciting than the Premier, which the Tic will run away with again.

Im not sure anyone would say they didnt want to get promoted. But I do agree, if ever there was a season to be in the 1st it will be next season. I also agree that the current squad should see us comfortably mid table

Man City regularly play with 2 up front as well. They did it against Spurs and Arsenal. Aggregate score 12-3.

Of the top 8 EPL teams, they are the only two to do so. Spurs have only recently started since ABV left and City dont play that way every week.

Ah, but they have countless millions of pounds supplying this front two. Bit of a difference .

Don't think anyone ( or hardly anyone) is arguing we shouldn't be playing two up. Just the personnel thats the main debating point . Some thinking Russell should be moved up top even though he is scoring plenty from where he is . I would even say there is a doubt whether he could score as many up front than he does at the moment . Top players in top teams can adapt to different , fanciful formations but this does not apply to us . A basic 442 would do me virtually all the time

Ah, but they have countless millions of pounds supplying this front two. Bit of a difference .

And most of their opponents at the top have countless millions of pounds trying to prevent them from scoring. So, no difference.

It is all relative to the standards you are up against. And most of the teams we play are the same as us - not very good. The way some go on, you'd think we'd been promoted from the Scottish Second Division into the Champions League.

You would also think the way others go on, that we hadn't been relegated with a large core of the same players the year before. The players who were all added Mitchell, Durnan, Young, Lyle, Paton all also have something to prove at this level due to lack of game time/age.

That is partly my point - even with some quite poor players, we could still have stayed up if Johnston had been in charge instead of McPherson. Similarly, if McPherson had been in charge last season, we may well have won the league, but it wouldn't have been by playing the attacking football that we did.

I can't prove any of this, of course. But, imo, McIntyre's approach is much closer to McPherson's than it is to Johnston's, with the same outcome of getting less from the team than it is capable of.

The point I was making about Spurs was they went to Man U and gambled with 2 up front and it worked, they could have been gubbed too.

So we are going to Hamilton who are favourites so what will we do, go one up front and hope to sneak a goal, defend any lead or try to get a draw.

Just play 2 up and go for it and if we lose so what, we are going to lose anyway, grow a pair McIntryre.

You would also think the way others go on, that we hadn't been relegated with a large core of the same players the year before. The players who were all added Mitchell, Durnan, Young, Lyle, Paton all also have something to prove at this level due to lack of game time/age.

Absurd. Your insight into the mentality of our players is profound.

When Calum Antell cost Queens goals I could understand the slagging and criticism he came in for from Queens fans. Now he has been loaned out to Brechin there still appears to be an odd amount of interest if not quite gloating at the number of goals he is conceding or can be blamed for. Ok, we all get it, a lot of supporters, myself included, if not to the same extent as some others, were not slow to criticise and brand him as possibly the worst keeper we have ever had. The lad has now moved on, maybe or maybe not for good, time will tell, but as long as he's not involved with Queens or any other team in the same division I for one couldn't care less how he performs or how many goals he is to blame for. I find the obsession about his performances for Brechin to be quite strange. IMO we have enough to worry about with what's happening with Queens without fixating on 1st division games or players.

When Calum Antell cost Queens goals I could understand the slagging and criticism he came in for from Queens fans. Now he has been loaned out to Brechin there still appears to be an odd amount of interest if not quite gloating at the number of goals he is conceding or can be blamed for. Ok, we all get it, a lot of supporters, myself included, if not to the same extent as some others, were not slow to criticise and brand him as possibly the worst keeper we have ever had. The lad has now moved on, maybe or maybe not for good, time will tell, but as long as he's not involved with Queens or any other team in the same division I for one couldn't care less how he performs or how many goals he is to blame for. I find the obsession about his performances for Brechin to be quite strange. IMO we have enough to worry about with what's happening with Queens without fixating on 1st division games or players.

He hasnt really "moved on" though. Hes only on loan at Brechin for a few weeks at which point he'll return to Queens. Therefore, taking an interest in his performances would seem to be pretty prudent.