Pat Slattery (21)

Forwards

Derek Lyle (33)

Gavin Reilly (21)

Iain Russell (31)

Aidan Smith (17)

Dean Smith (18)

Ages at 1st August 2014

Updated Queen of the South squad following the confirmed signings of Carmichael, Kerr and Paton. Zander Clark will hopefully return to play in goal also.

what do people feel the chances of Zander Clark returning on loan next season are?

Think it's almost a certainty the young goalie will improve by playing regular against top opposition rather than sitting on the bench, st Johnstone like to bring there players on at other clubs, example May.

In my opinion it would be good for Zander to return, but if the club has real intent on playing in the SPL ,would it not be a great boost signing Jamie McDonald for Queens .I'm sure if we could manage to match his salary from last season at Hearts and give him a two year contract there might be a chance of getting him! I'm sure he'd relish the opportunity to get one over on his old club now.

Edited by Toshson

In my opinion it would be good for Zander to return, but if the club has real intent on playing in the SPL ,would it not be a great boost signing Jamie McDonald for Queens .I'm sure if we could manage to match his salary from last season at Hearts and give him a two year contract there might be a chance of getting him! I'm sure he'd relish the opportunity to get one over on his old club now.

McDonald will get much better offers than we could make.

Attempting to match his recent wages would be sheer folly for Queens.

Well done to the Manager and the board for getting all these players signed up quickly, a big positive to start pre season training with a group of players who know each other and seem to get on well.

Hope the Hemmings rumours are true as he would be a quality addition to the squad.

Looking forward to what should be a hard and competitive Championship next season and I feel that a top 4 finish is again a realistic target.

Well done to the Manager and the board for getting all these players signed up quickly, a big positive to start pre season training with a group of players who know each other and seem to get on well.

Hope the Hemmings rumours are true as he would be a quality addition to the squad.

Looking forward to what should be a hard and competitive Championship next season and I feel that a top 4 finish is again a realistic target.

I'd imagine Hemmings will have his sights set much higher than us. He should be able to get a lower end Premiership team with relative ease. If we did somehow pull a signing like that off then I would be ecstatic.

Yeah the Hemmings rumour can be filed with the Macdonald rumour. A few people have suggested we should go for them and it's grown from there.

Making up rumours is all part of the fun of pre-season though. So despite the failure of my previous attempt with Barry Nicholson I shall try again.

Would anyone be keen on a loan deal for Nicky Clark should he become available?

Yeah the Hemmings rumour can be filed with the Macdonald rumour. A few people have suggested we should go for them and it's grown from there.

Making up rumours is all part of the fun of pre-season though. So despite the failure of my previous attempt with Barry Nicholson I shall try again.

I think that one could be realistic with the rumours of Rangers signing Miller and Boyd. I would certainly take him back.

Yeah, go on then. Sevco seem to be doing the ultimate in tribute acts, what with all the speculation linking them with Boyd and Kenny Miller, so Nicky might not have too many opportunities next season - a return to Palmerston could be ideal for all concerned.

Maybe I'm missing something with Hemmings, but I'm not too excited by the lad from what I've seen - maybe he looks better playing in a better team.

Yeah, go on then. Sevco seem to be doing the ultimate in tribute acts, what with all the speculation linking them with Boyd and Kenny Miller, so Nicky might not have too many opportunities next season - a return to Palmerston could be ideal for all concerned.

Maybe I'm missing something with Hemmings, but I'm not too excited by the lad from what I've seen - maybe he looks better playing in a better team.

Would a link up with Dad and Magic not be more realistic. ?

Considering he is unproven at Championship level nevermind the Premiership I think the likelihood of that depends on how strongly you agree with Charlie's theory that Clark is where he is solely due to his father!

Killie fans hate Johnston as it is. I can't imagine the reaction would be too positive if he replaced Boyd with a League 1 bench warmer!

Considering he is unproven at Championship level nevermind the Premiership I think the likelihood of that depends on how strongly you agree with Charlie's theory that Clark is where he is solely due to his father!

Killie fans hate Johnston as it is. I can't imagine the reaction would be too positive if he replaced Boyd with a League 1 bench warmer!

I think on his previous performances for you in the second tier of Scottish football as well as last season's goals tally for a team that walked the league they were in, junior is showing us all that is indeed the case.