The Queen of the South thread

The Hamilton groundsman has said that there is more work with a 3G pitch than a grass one.

If you put a plastic pitch down and leave it then it will have to re/lay it every year.

I take it our pitch is brushed every day.

At Hamilton they have just had 10 tons of the little black balls of rubber down on the park !!!

Is it this season that it's compulsory to have squad numbers? If so it will be interesting to see who McIntyre gives the first eleven numbers to. I would expect those to be his preferred staring line up.

Don't know about that. I thought it would be up to the players to decide what numbers they wanted. Like lucky numbers or something significant to them. Antoine-Curier, i think, had the number 99 last season. I can see a few of these in our squad!

The Queen of the South Trust has had a fantastic response for 2014/15 memberships in the last week from members old and new. Many thanks to all that have been in touch. Been really great to hear from you all.

Still time before Friday to join and support the Queens Trust and be in with a chance of a winning a season ticket! Very easy to join. Follow link below for more details.

http://queenstrust.org/?p=396

Guest TOPFITTER

The Queen of the South Trust has had a fantastic response for 2014/15 memberships in the last week from members old and new. Many thanks to all that have been in touch. Been really great to hear from you all.

Still time before Friday to join and support the Queens Trust and be in with a chance of a winning a season ticket! Very easy to join. Follow link below for more details.

http://queenstrust.org/?p=396

Great effort John and the TRUST,,her's to a succesful season On and Off the pitch :)

Don't know about that. I thought it would be up to the players to decide what numbers they wanted. Like lucky numbers or something significant to them. Antoine-Curier, i think, had the number 99 last season. I can see a few of these in our squad!

I have always thought that squad numbers were a joke if players are allowed to choose their own number. Antoine-Curier, as you mention, is one and also the ex-Hearts player, Zaliukus I think, who went to Dundee Utd and chose number 51 because Hearts had beaten Hibs 5-1 in a Cup Final. What's that got to do with playing for Dundee Utd? IMO Clubs should be allowed to register a total 1st team squad of maybe 25 or so and their squad numbers should be from 1 to 25 or whatever the maximum decided is. If players want to choose their own number from within that limit then no great problem. Loan signings would then have squad numbers from 25 upwards.

Also if players have squad numbers, why the need for names on shirts as well. Squad numbering should be simple and regularised, the same for all teams.

What number will Zander Clark get 25 up or will be signing this week.?

Have St Johnstone not got to name their squad for U.E.F.A Cup soon.

Who would fans go for Zander or try and get Lee Robinson back

Edited by Northfield 53

I have always thought that squad numbers were a joke if players are allowed to choose their own number. Antoine-Curier, as you mention, is one and also the ex-Hearts player, Zaliukus I think, who went to Dundee Utd and chose number 51 because Hearts had beaten Hibs 5-1 in a Cup Final. What's that got to do with playing for Dundee Utd? IMO Clubs should be allowed to register a total 1st team squad of maybe 25 or so and their squad numbers should be from 1 to 25 or whatever the maximum decided is. If players want to choose their own number from within that limit then no great problem. Loan signings would then have squad numbers from 25 upwards.

Also if players have squad numbers, why the need for names on shirts as well. Squad numbering should be simple and regularised, the same for all teams.

That was Rudi Skacel.

Zander.

People getting upset with the number on the back of a football top? Wow.

Queens fans aren't happy unless they're wetting their knickers over something trivial.

Zander will hardly be signing for Queens this week when he's just signed a new 2 year deal with St Johnstone

Another loan deal is our best hope

Edited by the_vortex