The Queen of the South thread

I'll give you a tenner for the old one?

A tenner? Even with possible tyre marks and oil stains from the tractor parked on it. I thought it might have been better looked after tbh and possibly raffled or even given away to a deserving fan.

Wonder how we will set up this year, we have really good attacking options if Danny carries over his form and a real predator in Baird. Backed up by Reilly and Russell we certainly have goals in us.

However we line up someone will miss out - or we'll have good options on the bench, if you want to look at it that way.

If we play 4-2-3-1 then that could accommodate Russell, Paton and Carmichael but one of Reilly or Baird will be on the bench. The 4-4-2 diamond that we saw quite often last season would let both Baird and Reilly play, but at the expense of two of Carmichael, Russell and Paton. A more traditional 4-4-2 would mean only one of the five attackers would drop out, but only if Burns plays centrally or is left out.

Or, maybe we'll go with what seems to be the new fashion - 3 at the back

Tactical flexibility should stand us in good stead with the league offering different challenges to your average season.

At home to the likes of the part-time sides we will be expected to dominate, whereas a defensive line up away to Hibs could be seen as a better approach for a league game where a point is a good result.

In previous years when there hasn’t been much of a difference in quality between the teams various managers have been criticised for concerning themselves with the opposition too much. I don’t think that would be fair criticism this season.

Wonder how we will set up this year, we have really good attacking options if Danny carries over his form and a real predator in Baird. Backed up by Reilly and Russell we certainly have goals in us.

Really?

I have to say, that's not really his game. Certainly he hit the form of his life in that last half season he was with us, but strip out 1 and a half bad seasons with Dundee and Thistle, you get back to when he was with us, and his scoring form then was 26 over 2 years (or there abouts).

I would've said Baird's greatest assets are in his link up play and his work rate, always willing to come deep - plays some fantastic switch balls and through balls for his team mates, not the worst finisher in the world, but not the best either (always lashes it, when sometimes a bit more cutness and subtelty is required).

Anyone heading down to Annan tomorrow? Not a chance I will be. I think they may have shot themselves in the foot charging £10 for a pre-season friendly the same night as a World Cup Semi Final!

Spot on . They'd have more than doubled their crowd if it was played this weekend

Anyone heading down to Annan tomorrow? Not a chance I will be. I think they may have shot themselves in the foot charging £10 for a pre-season friendly the same night as a World Cup Semi Final!

My thoughts exactly - I'd be very surprised if there was much of a crowd there.

Greed if you ask me. £10 for a pre season friendly. Shocking

Dont mind paying it against rotherham as there a championship side

And Queens get the money!

As someone has posted on Facebook - poor show from "our good friends Annan".

Greed if you ask me. £10 for a pre season friendly. Shocking

Dont mind paying it against rotherham as there a championship side

Annan are playing a Championship club.............us. :P

I know what you mean though about it being a bit greedy and silly to have it on the same night as the WC semi.