The Queen of the South thread

Exactly this. The idea that the club "doesn't announce things any more" is ridiculous. Things are confirmed when they are able to be such as the loans of Salim Kouider-Aissa and Nick Cassidy in the last week.

The club has not yet employed a new sports scientist.

There is a new sports scientist working with 1st team squad. I know this for a FACT as I went to uni with him and he is not one to tell porkies

I wont name him on here

Edited by DUMFRIES_CREW

There is a new sports scientist working with 1st team squad. I know this for a FACT as I went to uni with him and he is not one to tell porkies

I wont name him on here

I didn't say there wasn't one "working with the squad". There was certainly one there on Tuesday and I'm not sure how often he's been in so far but he's not yet an official member of staff so the club is not in a position to confirm the role.

Guest TOPFITTER

I wont name him on here

"The club has not yet employed a new sports scientist."

Just because" the Club has not yet employed a Sports Scientist" does not mean there is not one working with the team, just that he or she is not employed, it is possible they could be in the future. I guess if you are indeed informed correctly that Skyline is being factually correct, it would be wise and avert any negative comments from those who like to nitpick should they find out the exact nature of the situation.

Exactly this. The idea that the club "doesn't announce things any more" is ridiculous. Things are confirmed when they are able to be such as the loans of Salim Kouider-Aissa and Nick Cassidy in the last week.

The club has not yet employed a new sports scientist.

Shame that these lads have had to go out on loan to try & get some game time because of only having one team this season rather than reserves & U19's like last, & because of the 5 over age player rule etc. Good on them though for wanting to play & also gaining experience at the same time. Glad to see they are also still eligible to play for the 20's whilst on loan & would hope they get a fair chance to be seen.

Would welcome Muirhead with open arms, decent player at centre half but also captained and played right back and centre mid for Annan before his move to Partick.

Good to hear Mckenna back playing, hopefully have him back soon. I strongly believe if we had a full team from the start we'd be up there challenging Hearts, surprised at how well we've done with squad we've had!

Still no news on an assistant, so we could be going into another important game with just Fowler at the helm and maybe helped by a sports scientist? ^_^

Is he struggling to find a no2 or waiting for someone in particular.

Doesn't fill me with confidence as its been far too long now

Its not ideal

Edited by DUMFRIES_CREW

I'm not sure there is the same urgency to appoint an assistant now with players like Kerr and, hopefully, McKenna coming back into the playing picture allowing Fowler the option of running things more from the sidelines during games. The BOD rightly took time to assess the situation before picking Fowler for the Manager's role so he maybe needs some time to ensure he gets a capable no. 2.

Have we always had a No2 as such, since going full-time?

I know a coaching staff is needed, but do we need a No2 at our level? Non-playing wages must be relatively expensive at clubs like ours. I daresay we'll get one, but I wouldn't imagine we can offer anyone that attractive a wage.

Would having people like JT around, not satisfy that requirement, or is he not qualified to a suitable level?

He needs to concentrate on his day job on a Saturday like selling raffle tickets for the half time bottle of whisky :D

Hardly ideal doing his hospitality duties one minute then rushing to the dugout to do his temporary assistant managers job

I'd like to know why it's taking so long to appoint a number 2 ?

He needs to concentrate on his day job on a Saturday like selling raffle tickets for the half time bottle of whisky :D

Hardly ideal doing his hospitality duties one minute then rushing to the dugout to do his temporary assistant managers job

I'd like to know why it's taking so long to appoint a number 2 ?

I was just raising whether or not his involvement would satisfy the licensing criteria mentioned by SD. Edited by Monkey Tennis

Would having people like JT around, not satisfy that requirement, or is he not qualified to a suitable level?

You need to have a B Licence or above. I'm not actually sure if Jim has a B licence or not. He may do, he certainly has a Youth Licence. Either way though he's not working with the first team on a regular basis so it wouldn't satisfy the criteria. Warren Pearson has a B Licence and Eddie Warwick is currently working towards one but likewise they don't work with the first team regularly either.

Edit - Jim does have a B Licence and is working towards an A Licence so would satisfy the criteria if he was working regularly with the first team.

Edited by Skyline Drifter