The Queen of the South thread

Well I have seen enough of these players to feel confident that we most certainly will not get relegated.

Also, it looks like we have a bigger pool of players lined up for this season, maybe that is why Gus is doubling up on certain positions???

I'm not sure about Brighton mind. :ph34r:

What makes you say that? From what Gus said the other night, I would say the opposite is true

It wasn't on my laptop. Mind you what was on there was my Live Updates of the Stirling Albion away game back in March so I've no idea what was going on there! I tried refreshing several times but it never changed. I never had the desktop on last night, it was maybe fine on there.

The main site itself was up to date with yesterday's "news" but when I took the menu option for Live Updates it went to my stuff from that midweek game in March. So whilst I didn't read the Q&A until later on Twitter, I can tell you that Danny Carmichael got booked in the last minute of injury time in that game for dissent! :lol:

I had the same problem as SD. Showed the live updates from the Stirling game. Definitely not the last live update game I've viewed either, so assumedly the problem isn't with either mine or SD's PC. I was pointed to the live update from Facebook messages.

I had the same problem as SD. Showed the live updates from the Stirling game. Definitely not the last live update game I've viewed either, so assumedly the problem isn't with either mine or SD's PC. I was pointed to the live update from Facebook messages.

I think the two of you are on the windup :lol:

edited to add - I dont really .. that was just a joke

edited the edit to add - its fixed now :)

Edited by Mr X

I think the two of you are on the windup :lol:

edited to add - I dont really .. that was just a joke

edited the edit to add - its fixed now :)

On the OS the other night it depended where you were looking for Live Updates....if you clicked on live in the match centre on the home page it was correct and updating from the "meet the Manager" at Palmy.....but if you went via the live updates on the news page it was showing the Stirling game from Palmerston at end of last season. And it was the same on my laptop, desktop PC at home and at work.

On the OS the other night it depended where you were looking for Live Updates....if you clicked on live in the match centre on the home page it was correct and updating from the "meet the Manager" at Palmy.....but if you went via the live updates on the news page it was showing the Stirling game from Palmerston at end of last season. And it was the same on my laptop, desktop PC at home and at work.

Just to add.. Im pleased with the way things are progressing at Palmerston and Gus seems to be assembling a decent group of players who should be able to ensure we are not struggling at the foot of the table. Im confident we will do quite well this season.

Yeah. The code should be the same for all, not really sure why it wasnt. Anyway, all fixed now

T'was actually the 2-0 midweek win at the Doubletree Dunblane in which dan Orsi got his cruciate injury. ;)

Unless of course you were getting a different one again from me. :unsure:

T'was actually the 2-0 midweek win at the Doubletree Dunblane in which dan Orsi got his cruciate injury. ;)

Unless of course you were getting a different one again from me. :unsure:

Sorry, it was the game up at Stirling, my mistake.:huh:

I'd take Ayr to beat that team actually

I wouldn't. I would also expect a few more signings to strengthen the squad. I'm quite confident we'll finish in the top six or so.

I wouldn't. I would also expect a few more signings to strengthen the squad. I'm quite confident we'll finish in the top six or so.

Yeah, Id be surprised if we went into the season with Simmons as first choice on the right of midfield. Be interesting to see if Carmichael plays there, or whether or not he plays up front with Smith. Of course, if we dont sign another striker, he'll pretty much have to play up front!

I agree with you, I think we'll do ok this season, with the huge caveat that we'll need to be very lucky with injuries and suspensions.

Is Weatherston staying with you guys?

I think he's rather good and if he was available on a free I'd be gutted if we didn't try and sign him.

Is Weatherston staying with you guys?

I think he's rather good and if he was available on a free I'd be gutted if we didn't try and sign him.

Still unclear. He played in the match against Queens Park the other night but he has no deal as yet.

I think it would be a major error to let the guy go. Can play wide or up front and unlike many players can have a real impact coming off the bench.

His pace alone is a major threat at SFL1 level.