The Queen of the South thread

Rookie error. I'm a strictly Tunnock's Wafers man only, so should never have let myself comment on matters clearly outwith my field of knowledge. There's definitely some conjecture on whether or not the Jaffa is indeed a cake or a biscuit, but there's simply no doubt it goes hard - not soft - with age.

My profuse apologies for making a dreadful faux pas. :oops

Yer Tunnocks Caramel Wafer'll go soft as well-depending on how long you've dunked them in yer Irn Bru.

God I miss me Tunnocks! Don't get em down here in englandshire. But will take the time to stock up on some XL cheese crisps when I visit the homeland over the weekend. Well, I'll need something to cheer me up if the flipping game v The Blue Brazil is off!

They've signed well this window on paper anyway, not set in water they'll come down. I'm beginning to think something's going on at palmerston

God bless you sir. We're doomed though. He'd be joining a sinking ship, and I'm not sure McIntyre will be there next season as he's done nothing to impress so far.

Also, I should make an obligatory quip about particularly enjoying his work in Lovejoy.

I know McShane's not away yet but this is what I feared and I did say some might go in the window. Just hope he's not the only one. We could really struggle if we were to lose him or others

To respond in order.

Possibly.

Possibly

Possibly though not sure much of a gap TBH.

Probably

I'd say it's more likely to be -

Definitely

Probably

Possibly

Probably.

The biggest attraction for him though surely has to be working with Jim McIntyre again. It was him who gave him his chance here, which if he hadn't McShane would probably be playing with Annan just now.

Obviously the money, and the higher league are sweeteners also. Of course the gamble is that they go down, JM is sacked as a result, and he has to take a wage cut putting him back where he started!

I can't see it happening anyway to be honest. Not a great move for County or McShane. If we were in a relegation battle I doubt I'd want McShane in my starting XI. He has too much of a tendency to hide.

Sports journalist on twitter saying that Ross Co. have made a new , improved offer for Ian McShane .

Is this a reliable source?

What kind of figure would we accept bearing in mind he is signed till June 2016, £100,000??

if we get a good figure I would let the lad go now, he will possible end back down in this div next season anyway.

With the return of Burns Paton Mckenna & the signing of Millar we still have a very strong experienced midfield that will have more grit and drive about it as neither Mcshane or Kerr are or were really battlers.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Is this a reliable source?

What kind of figure would we accept bearing in mind he is signed till June 2016, £100,000??

if we get a good figure I would let the lad go now, he will possible end back down in this div next season anyway.

With the return of Burns Paton Mckenna & the signing of Millar we still have a very strong experienced midfield that will have more grit and drive about it as neither Mcshane or Kerr are or were really battlers.

I don't know how reliable this recent supposed bid on twitter was but I do know that McIntyre has been back to Queens twice before for McShane with offers that were not deemed good enough. £100,000 is a figure out of cloud cuckoo land . Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

I don't know how reliable this recent supposed bid on twitter was but I do know that McIntyre has been back to Queens twice before for McShane with offers that were not deemed good enough. £100,000 is a figure out of cloud cuckoo land .

Ok i cut it too £50k but when you see what other players are transferring for why not! He is our young main centre midfield maestro who has a contract till end of next season.

Ok i cut it too £50k but when you see what other players are transferring for why not! He is our young main centre midfield maestro who has a contract till end of next season.

A small team, barely much bigger than us , is not going to offer anything like even 50k. They would try to get him for a pittance but that's the way it goes these days.