The Queen of the South thread

Strangely im not too worried with th loss of del boy. Our defensive records pretty decent ,falkirk dont seem to score loads of goals even with loy upfront,and dare i say it even if reilly doesnt make the game i still fancy us to nick it.Buzzing for it.

Strangely im not too worried with th loss of del boy. Our defensive records pretty decent ,falkirk dont seem to score loads of goals even with loy upfront,and dare i say it even if reilly doesnt make the game i still fancy us to nick it.Buzzing for it.

Ye me too think we will have to much for the Bairns at Palmerston, we have had some big performances when required under the floodlights.

Ye me too think we will have to much for the Bairns at Palmerston, we have had some big performances when required under the floodlights.

Maybe it's just nerves but I don't share your optimism. Hope I'm wrong but with the possibility of no recognised striker we may struggle to make the ball stick and let's not kid ourselves Falkirk are a very decent side that will cause us problems.

Guest Back Post Misses

Lyle out Reilly out things not looking good for the Falkirk game.This might hopefully make Fowler get another forward in.There must be a good young striker who we can get in loan.

Any signing coming in now won't be eligible for the cup game as they will not be signed in time.

Any signing coming in now won't be eligible for the cup game as they will not be signed in time.

Are you sure the way I'm sure it works is as long as the player is signed prior to the original game it's fine you can't sign a player for a replayd game after the original

Too close to call, both sides will be without players, its whoevers replacements are better on the day that will decide it, i make you lot slight favourites simply through home advantage although we have been better away from home this season.

I have heard that Reilly is likely to start and thank #### for that. Let's hope he is not rushed back and pulls up. Surely Russell will partner him ( who else) . I was amazed/ horrified that we have started the last two games with one recognised striker and frankly don't want to see again.

Agreed - Danny 1 goal in two seasons and Paton not many more preferred to Russell who is a consistent goal scorer even fom a wide position.

You always have to ask yourself in any team line up - do we have goals in the team?

That formation gives you plenty of possession which is great but with one up nobody running in behind the opposition and easy to defend against.

I don't remember many complaints about Fowler's attacking instincts, or lack of, when we pumped Cowdenbeath 5-0. Or played The Rangers off the park. Or matched Hearts last week. Or comfortably beat St Johnstone. Etc.

I sometimes think certain people almost want our season to blow up so they can make "I told you so" style posts.

Thankfully I can't see it happening.

I don't remember many complaints about Fowler's attacking instincts, or lack of, when we pumped Cowdenbeath 5-0. Or played The Rangers off the park. Or matched Hearts last week. Or comfortably beat St Johnstone. Etc.

I sometimes think certain people almost want our season to blow up so they can make "I told you so" style posts.

spot on :thumsup2

Agreed think some so called fans want the club to struggle!

Could still do with another striker tho, would it be worth going in for Derek Riordan till end of season noticed he has played 2 games as a trialist for East Fife and scored a last min winner v Annan yesterday.

Could still do with another striker tho, would it be worth going in for Derek Riordan till end of season noticed he has played 2 games as a trialist for East Fife and scored a last min winner v Annan yesterday.

Riordan is bad news,wouldnt want him near the club.

Here's a stat to consider.

Since we came back to the 2nd tier, Reilly has scored 6 goals v Falkirk and Lyle has scored nil.

Maybe Lyle has created a few chances for Gav, but it suggests that no Lyle on Friday might not be so bad, as long as Reilly is fit.

Here's a stat to consider.

Since we came back to the 2nd tier, Reilly has scored 6 goals v Falkirk and Lyle has scored nil.

Maybe Lyle has created a few chances for Gav, but it suggests that no Lyle on Friday might not be so bad, as long as Reilly is fit.

Good news.

...would it be worth going in for Derek Riordan till end of season...

Can't help but feel there is a massive contradiction in that post...

Very much seconded

Ok agree a was clutching at straws we Prob don't want a player with his past upsetting the dressing room at this stage of the season but we could do with another forward to help out the push for cup and league play off success. Edited by SUPERSOUTH

I suspect that Fowler's instincts are not attack minded and this is manifest in our failure to replace our departed striker and in the way he tries to work round it.

Nowt to do wae fowler. Hewitson watching the fucking cash. Status Quo more important than football Edited by DUMFRIES_CREW