The Queen of the South thread

How much money will Queens get for finishing 4th ?The playoffs do Queens share the gate money 50-50 like a cup game.

I'm sure I read it is split between all the teams involved and the SPFL, with the the SPFL getting the lions share.

How do they decide the ties? Eg does the higher ranked team play the 2nd leg at home?

You've answered your own question Swarley :)

If we finish 4th we'll play the first leg at Palmerston.

I'm sure it remains the same for the rest of the games. Basically, we'd always play the first game of every 'round' at Palmerston.

Read in today's paper that ex queens player Steve tosh believes promotion for queens to the premiership is a step to far

Is he right. What's everyone's thoughts?

He's entitled to his opinion but possibly based on his knowledge of Queens as a club from the past.

I believe there is an ambition know to make the next step.

I've not read the article so I don't know the context.

If he means that beating Hibs, The Rangers, and then the 11th place team over two legs at the end of a hard season might be beyond us, then I tend to agree. It's widely acknowledged that the playoffs favour the 11th placed team, followed by the Championship runners up. With the 3rd and 4th placed team really only standing an outside chance of progression.

If he means our squad isn't up to the required standard of the Premiership I'd probably disagree, although it is hard to gauge either way without it being put to the test on a weekly basis. The league arguably contains three "Premiership quality" clubs in it, and our record against two of them stands up well. Our record against Hearts less so, but we did beat St Johnstone although I wouldn't want to read too much into a one-off cup match.

Normally I'd suggest that finishing 4th in a 10 team league wasn't deserving of promotion. However were we to do it we would be there on merit, perhaps even more so than normal bearing in mind the opposition. Hamilton gained promotion through the playoffs and have given a very good account of themselves in their first season back.

I've not read the article so I don't know the context.

If he means that beating Hibs, The Rangers, and then the 11th place team over two legs at the end of a hard season might be beyond us, then I tend to agree. It's widely acknowledged that the playoffs favour the 11th placed team, followed by the Championship runners up. With the 3rd and 4th placed team really only standing an outside chance of progression.

If he means our squad isn't up to the required standard of the Premiership I'd probably disagree, although it is hard to gauge either way without it being put to the test on a weekly basis. The league arguably contains three "Premiership quality" clubs in it, and our record against two of them stands up well. Our record against Hearts less so, but we did beat St Johnstone although I wouldn't want to read too much into a one-off cup match.

Normally I'd suggest that finishing 4th in a 10 team league wasn't deserving of promotion. However were we to do it we would be there on merit, perhaps even more so than normal bearing in mind the opposition. Hamilton gained promotion through the playoffs and have given a very good account of themselves in their first season back.

It's in today's Scottish Sun . He's quoted as saying Billy Carmichael is a fantastic Chairman :D

Great news indeed. We can all get fed up with his 'antics' at times. But it doesn't out weigh the value he brings to the team.

Has Lyle joined for next year, or did I imagine that?

It was mentioned in here but I've not seen it anywhere else. Hopefully they have a group signed up all to be announced at once.