The Queen of the South thread

Apparently it's in today's Sun that Hearts are after him. Also linking us with Jimmy Nicholl.

I'm halfway to becoming a journalist. I read P&B, I just don't have the platform to share the rumours I read on it!

Apparently it's in today's Sun that Hearts are after him. Also linking us with Jimmy Nicholl.

I'm halfway to becoming a journalist. I read P&B, I just don't have the platform to share the rumours I read on it!

The pundits on Radio Scotland last night were discussing Nicholl as a likely assistant for QOS. No idea if they had any real info though.

The pundits on Radio Scotland last night were discussing Nicholl as a likely assistant for QOS. No idea if they had any real info though.

Fowler was on loan at Cowdenbeath, so there is history of the pair working together.

Fowler was on loan at Cowdenbeath, so there is history of the pair working together.

Well yes, though the lengthy time he spent as a Kilmarnock player whilst Nicholl was assistant there to both Jimmy Calderwood and Kenny Shiels would be more directly relevant than a brief spell at Cowdenbeath last season.

Reilly has signed for us apparently. :thumsup2

Where you hear that? If true would be a superb signing for you guys although with malonga , beanzema and farid upfront is he really needed?

Would wish the boy nothing but luck if he does end up at Hearts. He's been a very good player for us and certainly deserves a crack at a higher level.

Having said that, I really think he would benefit far more from another season at this level. The boy has bags of potential but there are some areas that still require sharpened up. His finishing and his aggression in play being the two biggest ones for me. Obviously he'll receive a higher quality of coaching at a club like Hearts, but how many goalless games will he be afforded before he is dropped?

Wherever he ends up next season I'll be backing the lad, but for a selfish point of view and for him, I reckon QoS would be the most sensible option for one more term.

Edited to add. Apologies, I thought Sol was a Jambo (on my phone). If Hibs go up then my points would remain the same, but if Hibs were to stay in this division I would have to concede that it'd be a good move for Gav.

Edited by 19QOS19

On the rumour front. The latest I've heard* is Holt to Derby and Dowie to Dunfermline.

* Not a great source, but might as well keep the rumours circling!

Why would dowie head to dunfermline! Steo down unless management position.

On the rumour front. The latest I've heard* is Holt to Derby and Dowie to Dunfermline.

* Not a great source, but might as well keep the rumours circling!

Why on earth would dowser leave to drop down to dunfermline!? Hopefully we get him signed up for another year.

Good lets put all these rumours to the side until we get the play offs finished.

Thought you said he signed a new deal though!? .Im sure the whole team are focussed on the game(s) coming up.

I've heard the Dowie to Dunfermline rumour as well. Not sure if John Potter leaving will have an effect on that one though. It was prior to his departure that I heard it.

Potter isn`t leaving he is stepping down to a coaching role. Can`t see it as a good move as a player but possible Dowie could go as player manager I suppose. He`s only 32 mind you, plenty of time left as a player.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer