The Queen of the South thread

Atkinson is still very young in goalkeeping terms, with potentially another 20 years ahead of him. It's still important he gets more competitive game time under his belt than he's had this season. Be it with us or elsewhere.

I'm still not 100% convinced he's ready for first team football with us, but the manager, or those that watch the u20s will be better placed to comment than I am.

My preference would be to sign a first choice 'keeper, list Kenny Arthur as our backup goalie on the bench and loan Atkinson to a part time team so that he is playing every week, but can still train with us.

Distant Doonhamer, on 10 May 2015 - 11:22, said:

Had you not already signed a left back from Alloa. Nothing to say you couldn`t sign both of course.

Yeah, we have. Although with Willie Dyer needing to be punted, we really are in the market for two and Meggatt will likely also be deployed as CH back-up.

Don't take this rumour as gospel by the way, could easily be nonsense! I'm just quoting what I've read on our forum, so take it with a pinch of salt!

Again , see enough in Mark Millar's cameo to say he would be a real asset for us if we somehow got him match fit and in the right frame of mind. Ability wise, I see no better midfielder - outwith the big three in our league - and some of his touches when introduced yesterday were sublime . You always wander about this kind of player and if they are ever going to regularly produce what they definitely should be . Is he worth another deal ? With a pre- season behind him , I'd say yes.- just

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

It will be more like £50,000 with 10% of any future transfer fee.

Don't, no how Falkirk Hamilton and Livy do it but they somehow get what the player is worth and more.

We would get more if Holt went down south but not up to Queens all up to where Holt wants to go.

It will be more like £50,000 with 10% of any future transfer fee. Don't, no how Falkirk Hamilton and Livy do it but they somehow get what the player is worth and more. We would get more if Holt went down south but not up to Queens all up to where Holt wants to go.

I dont think development fees work like that, do they?

Don't, no how Falkirk Hamilton and Livy do it but they somehow get what the player is worth and more.

We would get more if Holt went down south but not up to Queens all up to where Holt wants to go.

Are you an agent?

You do realise he's out of contract? Queens won't be getting any sell on fee.

Anyway, I've heard the board are looking for 100k for Holt, Dundee aren't willing to pay that, therefore it will probably go to a tribunal.

MONKMAN, on 10 May 2015 - 15:23, said:

You do realise he's out of contract? Queens won't be getting any sell on fee. Anyway, I've heard the board are looking for 100k for Holt, Dundee aren't willing to pay that, therefore it will probably go to a tribunal.

So it's definitely more than a rumour then?

Again , see enough in Mark Millar's cameo to say he would be a real asset for us if we somehow got him match fit and in the right frame of mind. Ability wise, I see no better midfielder - outwith the big three in our league - and some of his touches when introduced yesterday were sublime . You always wander about this kind of player and if they are ever going to regularly produce what they definitely should be . Is he worth another deal ? With a pre- season behind him , I'd say yes.- just

Agreed, I think he has great ability but it's obvious he needs to get match fit which he may do with a full pre-season. Worth another deal I would say.

Agreed, I think he has great ability but it's obvious he needs to get match fit which he may do with a full pre-season. Worth another deal I would say.

His problem is attitude not convinced even with full pre-season he would get fit.

I am sure most if not all of the training is conducted at Broadwood.

Cheers, been listening to Rangers fans moaning that Queens have an advantage because of training on the park and then playing on it.

Knew i had read that you`s train at Broadwood.

Hear ex Gretna/Killie defender Gav Skelton linked with assistant manager job, he is currently manager of Workington Reds who finished 2nd in there league this year.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH