The Queen of the South thread

What exactly is on in Dumfries that is even slightly like this? A lot of people complain that there is nothing to do in Dumfries but when the number of people don't bother backing major events unless they are basically free, it's not really a surprise why that is the case.

What is the ground capacity for the event? Is the terracing open as standing for it?

IIRC there were about 7000 tickets available initially, although I dont think that is the maximum that could attend if there was enough demand. Again, IIRC, the capacity is more down to available exits etc than physical standing space.

To be honest, I feel very sorry for Mrs Thompson if her project to bring big bands to Dumfries fails. This should have been good for Queens, maybe the local population are indeed fickle.

This concert has now become the most over advertised event in Dumfries history ;)

Hewitson in the Metro today confirming Gav is off to Hearts. He says that transfer has been agreed and it is just compensation to be sorted out.

No surprise that we have lost a number of our better players with Holt, McShane, Reilly all confirmed as away. Looks like Carmichael to Hibs also.

No word on Durnan yet but expect he will also go. That`s the price of our relative success in this tough league I suppose.

As others have said big test ahead for Fowler.

I thought we had a slim chance of holding onto Carmichael, but he doesn't owe us anything and deserves his opportunity at a bigger club with bigger wages. It's a blow if Hibs is his destination as he will no doubt be coming up against us. I've my doubts that he has the consistency to perform in the Premiership so Hibs is probably a good move for him. Better to be a bit part player at a team that are likely to be challenging and playing an attacking brand of football, than wasted at a team struggling in the bottom six.

It's been fairly clear to the fans that we would be losing these players, so the Board and Fowler himself will have been even more aware of the situation. I have no doubts that they have plans in place to replace them. It's not going to be an easy task by any stretch, but forewarned is forearmed.

good move for dan. hibs are a decent club with good training facilities and he will be picking up a decent wage. sad to see him go but its expected. anyone know when the fixtures are out? hopefully get Morton away first away game good day up there on the travel club bus

Hewitson in the Metro today confirming Gav is off to Hearts. He says that transfer has been agreed and it is just compensation to be sorted out.

If this is true it's the lose I feared the most. Let's be home here goals win games which is why strikers generally demand the highest fees. Since his arrival into the first team Gav has consistently scored goals whatever league we've been in. It won't be easy to replace him and it could be difficult enticing someone down here unless we push the boat out. I'm quite happy with the signings so far but it will be interesting to see how ambitious those at the top are going to be. Do they want the team to push on from where we've worked to get or are they happy to stay in the Championship and take the cash while it's around?

If this is true it's the lose I feared the most. Let's be home here goals win games which is why strikers generally demand the highest fees. Since his arrival into the first team Gav has consistently scored goals whatever league we've been in. It won't be easy to replace him and it could be difficult enticing someone down here unless we push the boat out. I'm quite happy with the signings so far but it will be interesting to see how ambitious those at the top are going to be. Do they want the team to push on from where we've worked to get or are they happy to stay in the Championship and take the cash while it's around?

consistently scored goals between august and January. where was he between February and may?

If Reilly has gone (and I wish him every success apart from when he plays QoS) does that mean that we've also lost Charlie?

Adieu "Mrs Reilly" it was fun whilst it lasted :P

Edited by Swarley