The Queen of the South thread

When the club appealed lyle red card and were successful in reversing the decision did the club get the money back or is £1000 win or lose

It's not £1,000 for a start. Despite the Sun's completely inaccurate headline today, it's not even £1,000 for Premiership clubs either.

But yes, you get it back if you win the appeal.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Ah right was reading jonny Hayes would pay £1000 for his own appeal but was thinking that a lot of money for our own club everytime some gets a red and think it was unfair. If you get it back then not so bad cheers

The appeal amount is probably set at a fairly high level to try and discourage clubs, especially lower league clubs with less money, from taking the risk of lodging an appeal.

ETA: I was going to ask if it was the same level of fee in all divisions but SD's post has answered this, although he didn't say what the current fee is.

yesterday was my first look at our new boys this season.

Thomson didnt have too much to do, so difficult to say too much about him. He is part of a defence that looked jittery and generally unconvincing yesterday. How much the keeper contributes to this is difficult to say. 6/10

Brownlie - I actually quite like the look of him. Seemed pretty comfortable on the ball. Maybe would be better in the centre back role of a back four. Was his error for the 2nd goal and still obviously quite young and inexperienced. 6/10

Marshall - I had heard a lot about this boy, so my expectations were raised. Was a bit dissapointed to be honest and thought the game passed him by a bit. Some decent crosses in the 2nd half, but I didnt see a budding Holty or Bob Harris based on yesterday I'm afraid. Maybe just an off day for the boy? 5/10

Jacobs - He won a lot of headers and worked hard enough. His passing, especially in the 1st half, was fecking awful tho and put the team in trouble a few times. Generally looked ok as a defensive midfielder. 5/10

Conroy - Was busy yesterday and didnt hide, always looking to get on the ball. His legendary dead-ball skills were not to the fore yesterday, but I was generally quite impressed by his contibution. 7/10

Harris - Looks like he is lacking a bit of confidence and not sure he was too comfortable in his role just behind the 2 strikers. Did show some nice touches tho and could be a good player for us. Think he will need a run of games to gain his touch & confidence. 6/10

Oliver - Mm. Not sure what to make of him. Didnt hold the ball up too well and his passing to bring other players into the game was poor. Didnt show any real understanding with Lyle either and fluffed a good chance with a header. On the plus side, he worked hard and had a couple of good runs with the ball at his feet. 5/10

Thot Miller made a difference when he came on and he would start in my team every week. We also missed Russell's running. The defence was worryingly shaky. Dowie & Higgins were great last year, but seem to have been unsettled by all the changes around them.

The first chairman to nearly bankrupt us.

Hall of fame

The first chairman to bring full time football to the club.

Yes he did a lot wrong in his time but not to fulfil some sort of personal ego trip, but simply as a fan who thought he was doing what was best for the club.

I don't know if I'd have him in the hall of fame but he certainly deserves his honorary spot on the board after writing off a sizeable debt that the club owed him.

His intentions were always good despite probably being in over his head in a business sense but he did preside over the most consistently successful team in our history. His main failing was being too loyal to Chisholm as well as being utterly useless in a crisis. But he probably knows he messed up and fair play to him for not hanging around like a vulture to get his money back or selling us to any old charlatan and cutting his losses.

The current board even if they won't ever be as popular as Rae circa 2008/9 are a million times more professional and generally competent plus having slightly better hair (hewitson aside)