The General Ross County Chat Thread

Not looking great for Boycey's Euro2016 hopes, or more importantly our top6 hopes. Hopefully he can play with that brace again.

In other news, almost made it to the Plymouth v York game this afternoon, gave up when I realised I would miss the first half. It would have been pleasing to see McNamara's greeting coupon.

Not looking great for Boycey's Euro2016 hopes, or more importantly our top6 hopes. Hopefully he can play with that brace again.

In other news, almost made it to the Plymouth v York game this afternoon, gave up when I realised I would miss the first half. It would have been pleasing to see McNamara's greeting coupon.

I was just discussing his achievements at work yesterday afternoon, getting two teams (united and york) relegated in the one season is impressive stuff, hopefully he's in the running to replace ronny!

I've been looking back over our league form this season, and come up with what I think are some pretty interesting stats. It's one angle, certainly won't explain everything (like just how bad we've become at letting goals in). Make of them what you will...

LnXnhvi.png

Our best patch of form ran from Curran's full return (3-0 v Motherwell) until his next concussion (v Inverness). In that run we picked up 12 points from 7 games, scoring 17 along the way with Boyce and Curran claiming 10 between them. We hit 8 in the 2 games leading up to losing them both for / during the new year derby. Since then, we have picked up 10 points in 11 games, with Boyce scoring NONE (having played 8 times).

It seems fair to look at these stats and conclude County were twice as good (going forwards anyway) with Curran in the team, and Boyce considerably more effective alongside him. I wonder how our season might have panned ou if Craig had stayed fit...

Now someone tell me why we're letting so many goals in!

ETA Goodness sake, I've got that table wrong - definitely the total points earned column. Will fix later... Think the rest holds up anyway.

Edited by The Great Stagsby

On a similar note, County's win rate in the league is 37% with Martin Woods starting and 38% without him starting. Which doesn't make much of a point but there you go.

I inadvertently referred to The Great Gatsby as Stagsby in a conversation with someone this morning.

Is anyone else a little perplexed by this?

An excellent performance v Hibs, a couple of decent performances against Saints & Killie coupled with an early injury against ICT and an abject performance v Utd (along with everyone else I might add). Does that really merit Player of the Month?

I'm not meaning to pick on him, he's easily been one of our best players during March but I think they're being a little generous giving him the overall one.

Edited by Spain

Is anyone else a little perplexed by this?

An excellent performance v Hibs, a couple of decent performances against Saints & Killie coupled with an early injury against ICT and an abject performance v Utd (along with everyone else I might add). Does that really merit Player of the Month?

I'm not meaning to pick on him, he's easily been one of our best players during March but I think they're being a little generous giving him the overall one.

I can only assume there were no other obvious candidates this month and he has been rewarded for performance in the final.