The General Ross County Chat Thread

I've heard were apparently signing Gardyne again. I'm in the minority, but I liked him last time he was here. Can he still do a job? Can't say he overly flourished in any of our games against you last season.

17 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

I thought it was just me.

Central midfielder who played in Middlesborough reserves.  Wiki has him at 193cm but he's 172cm which would make him the shortest midfielder in the team.  He looks like a one-touch passer, a short-arse Busquets.

To be fair - we are linked with any player with a connection to Northern Ireland because (a) Steve Robinson and (b) we emptied our squad and have lots of players to sign, so I wouldn't necessarily read too much in to 'Well being mentioned there...

2 hours ago, CLANCY2KTID said:

I've heard were apparently signing Gardyne again. I'm in the minority, but I liked him last time he was here. Can he still do a job? Can't say he overly flourished in any of our games against you last season.

No chance.  He's an automatic first pick who came on to a game at the tail end of last season.  Vital player for County, and even McIntyre can see this.

52 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

No chance.  He's an automatic first pick who came on to a game at the tail end of last season.  Vital player for County, and even McIntyre can see this.

You'll probably knowhis circumstances better than me, I'm only going by what I'd heard, not saying it's 100% but time will tell.

7 hours ago, Swello said:

To be fair - we are linked with any player with a connection to Northern Ireland because (a) Steve Robinson and (b) we emptied our squad and have lots of players to sign, so I wouldn't necessarily read too much in to 'Well being mentioned there...

If the latest incoming rumour is true on top of whoever is supposed to be announced next week it's doubtful we'll be adding any more central midfielders tbh.

12 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I think I'll just start supporting Killie next season if Boyd, Boyce and Gardyne are all in their team.

Boyce won't happen, I think we all know that. The guy that told me about Gardyne is usually spot on though, must be some truth in that we've at least enquired about him or something for it to be brought to his attention. 

Frees up the door for Luke Leahy now surely?

Probably. Very different type of players though. I'll miss Kenny's presence in handbags situations. Sounds like McIntyre wants this Wimbledon guy rather than Leahy though.

Did he no sign for Walsall? Could be talking shite.

I believe he was down at Walsall recently so very possible. A couple of my Falkirk supporting mates say he "wants to move back home" so Walsall would make sense. If rumours are to be believed, Sean Kelly from Wimbledon sounds a cert to be on the cards. Can't say I've seen/heard much about him however. Personally I'd like to see us sign Leahy but question is if he can make the jump up a league or not?

Just now, Savage Henry said:

From what I can find out, he's 'steady'. Not sure if this is euphemism for shite or he's actually just a no-thrills kind of a player in the Naismith mound.

He ticks the right boxes for me, 23 years old, 6 ft 2 in, Scottish and left sided let's hope that he can indeed play a bit. Infact if he's anything like his former colleague Naismith I'd be delighted.

He ticks the right boxes for me, 23 years old, 6 ft 2 in, Scottish and left sided let's hope that he can indeed play a bit. Infact if he's anything like his former colleague Naismith I'd be delighted.

Yeah, if he's like Naismith he'll do just fine.