The General Ross County Chat Thread

Speaking of Dick Campbell, I'm pretty sure I saw him at Oriam on Tuesday when I was there to see the County v Hibs U20s.  It was in the centre itself rather than the outdoor pitches where the game was, so couldn't say for sure if he was there to view potential loan signings.  He walked in to a gate at the exit that he thought was going to open automatically.  It was quite funny.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Raging there's Dick Campbell chat and him rambling about the park in the Scottish Cup a few weeks back hasn't been highlighted yet. 

We are very Ross-County focused.

If it wasnt rambling about at a park featuring Ross County, no craic may be had.

(What story is this?! I missed this)

I'd touched on this elsewhere earlier in the week, but I still think that our biggest failing over the last few years was our failure to replace George Adams. Other than when Roy turns up with his latest idea (which go unchallenged by anyone anymore as far as I'm aware), the club has been utterly directionless both on and off the pitch and it's been frankly pretty embarrassing.

Edited by Spain

I'd touched on this elsewhere earlier in the week, but I still think that our biggest failing over the last few years was our failure to replace George Adams. Other than when Roy turns up with his latest idea (which go unchallenged by anyone anymore as far as I'm aware), the club has been utterly directionless both on and off the pitch and it's been frankly pretty embarrassing.

Always liked George when I met him, think he did a lot more behind the scenes than most of us realised. Him and Derek were obviously a formidable and effective team. Interesting (and delighted) to see that Derek has proved he doesn't need him by his side now aswell. Presumably his wage/position was absorbed by taking on the subsequent 'bigger' management team.

Thinking back to that era reminds me that Ranald also did an awful lot for the club, especially in the PR stakes..........

1 hour ago, Staggie#Wearethehighlands said:

Always liked George when I met him, think he did a lot more behind the scenes than most of us realised. Him and Derek were obviously a formidable and effective team. Interesting (and delighted) to see that Derek has proved he doesn't need him by his side now aswell. Presumably his wage/position was absorbed by taking on the subsequent 'bigger' management team.

Thinking back to that era reminds me that Ranald also did an awful lot for the club, especially in the PR stakes..........

As opposed to the current incumbent who came to the club with a pile of ideas, and then forgot to bother with them.