The General Ross County Chat Thread

Was that a guess? You could be right. [emoji6]

Complete guess. Paul Paton was a name I heard, but that turned out to be Harry. On a vaguely similar level, Morris would be a logical fit.

He’s in my list of likely candidates. Jai Quitongo is the other, and I shall add Gavin Reilly to that.

Bit of a full circle here. Saints signed Richard Foster from County because Watson got crocked before ever playing for us and the latter never got back into the side, although more injuries didn't help. Fans of all his previous clubs have liked him and he did alright for Saints on very limited evidence.

I'd like to see Morrison in contention up front this season. Certainly as an impact sub and also with a few starts too.
If we sign another striker there's next to no point in him being with us at all next season imo.
Morrison looked miles off Championship standard when he was with us tbh. I thought he'd have been spending this coming season at a League 1 club at best.

Perhaps in a team creating more chances he'd flourish but I wouldn't hold my breath. Hopefully he can prove me wrong, his attitude certainly wasn't anything to be critical of.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

Watson is a RB if I remember and Morris a centre half?

Watson played RB on the rare occasions he was fit. Predominantly played CB for Hartlepool on loan though, and seemingly done well. 

Dont think his quality is in doubt, its entirely injuries that he's at this level. 

Games I remember him were against Celtic, where he played RB behind Foster to double up on Tierney and Sinclair, and he looked quality. Last game he played was at home to Partick, and Miles Storey destroyed him. Maybe just unfit but he was so slow it was unreal. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, Staggie52 said:

Can someone post and tell me if I should be excited, worried or not over these signings, please.

You should be very excited over them.

Do you get easily or prematurely excited?

The management have plenty of options now!  Perhaps Fraser will be filling in at left-back a lot this season, which isn't ideal given he doesn't have a left foot.  Maybe McLaughlin will sign yet.

I'm not fussed about an extra striker if Morrison can prove himself, Gardyne played quite high up the last time he was in this division.

Spoiler

5b2bf7f02406f_Screenshot2018-06-2120_08_59.thumb.png.bd8061f1803730716ac0661dba297e87.png

Spoiler

5b2bf7f2ee9ef_Screenshot2018-06-2120_00_38.thumb.png.6a4b2a91725799fc25d6b05e1bb4fb36.png

Think the second of those lineups is more likely, although having two undersized centre backs (Morris seems to be listed as 5’10”) would be a concern. If we plan on dominating teams, I like the three at the back, but with Gardyne left wing back and DKD back up to Vigurs.

2 hours ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Was quality for St Mirren a few years back the went to St johnstone and pretty much injured since?

Serious injury when he was 18, never properly recovered. Very good player when fully fit, which is rare. Still decent when semi fit, which is more often. Mostly he's injured and unavailable.

12 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Morris is a big fella, he must be 6' 1" or 2".  

Don't think so. He's certainly a big fella but not particularly tall. Good solid defender though,  dirty as f**k. Not averse to throwing his elbow in where it hurts. Excellent player at this level if he stays fit.