The General Ross County Chat Thread

Surely he'll be OK as a back up. His usefulness is that he can play pretty much anywhere in the final third and he may not be the best but, I think he should be OK at this level. Does make you wonder where Tony Dingwall fits in the squad at all.

Are you sure?  Given the time it's taken for him to sign back on, I imagine he was on the lookout for better offers, which presumably were not forthcoming.

Trying to be positive about this. I don’t really believe what I said either, but our signings so far have been somewhat meh, and our best players have, rightly, left. Ryan Dow offers versatility and three great games a calandar year.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Trying to be positive about this. I don’t really believe what I said either, but our signings so far have been somewhat meh, and our best players have, rightly, left. Ryan Dow offers versatility and three great games a calandar year.

Is it you don’t believe what you said or is it you just spouting nonsense as per?

‘Indecisive Dave’ from the Fast Show springs to mind...

Midge was poor last season but had enough in the bank from doing things in the past to escape criticism. Dow hasn't. He had about four decent games before being offered his previous deal.

Kelly might be okay at this level but like Fraser, I don't want him anywhere near centre half.

13 hours ago, yoda said:

Kelly will be fine at this level. I would still like to see the McLaughlin rumour actually materialise though.

From what I gather with Boomer he's still not fully recovered from the injury which kept him out for the most of the last six months of the season. Still reckon he'll sign for you guys again, but County might want a look at his injury before offering him anything.

Hope for his sake he gets the move.

1 hour ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

So many 3pm Saturday kick off's

YwMBHUJ.gif?noredirect

That's pretty much the only good thing about being relegated to the Championship. So much easier to plan ahead and bag a load of cheap train or bus tickets to get to games. I'm sure a Highland Derby or two will get moved for Alba coverage though (if they still cover games of course).

11 minutes ago, RiG said:

I'm sure a Highland Derby or two will get moved for Alba coverage though (if they still cover games of course).

I wouldn't be surprised to see BT bag a couple. They've shown a few big championship games in the last 2 seasons. If not, I'm sure ALBA will pick them up for 5:15 Saturday KO. Big fan if it happens