The General Ross County Chat Thread

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

A lot of this is on Ferguson, to be quite honest. 

There is no doubt that Fergie is a club legend and a nice guy, but this is the time we need to forget that and address the wider issues. I am struggling to see how we would keep hold of the likes of Dhanda, Smith, Iacovitti, Harmon etc then buy Brophy on top (which we will need if we are to do anything next season) with this current structure in place. The first sniff of cash and miserly offers will be accepted, with the money disappearing again to the back of beyond.....

I’ve lost all hope of staying up this season, to be quite honest. This summer needs to be an opportunity to get rid of those that don’t want to be here, and those that aren’t good enough to be here - that is including staff. If we do go down, the club needs to cut the old boys act that’s been holding it back for years.

7 hours ago, stagdhu said:

There is no doubt that Fergie is a club legend and a nice guy, but this is the time we need to forget that and address the wider issues. I am struggling to see how we would keep hold of the likes of Dhanda, Smith, Iacovitti, Harmon etc then buy Brophy on top (which we will need if we are to do anything next season) with this current structure in place. The first sniff of cash and miserly offers will be accepted, with the money disappearing again to the back of beyond.....

Are you really arguing that there is a repeated lack of investment in the Dingwall club?

11 hours ago, Thebino45 said:

Hi guys just a quick question on how big Jordan White has been for you guys? Always thought he was going to play at higher level but didn't see him being around top league for long no disrespect to him of course! 

He is decent , in the air and holding up the ball is his strengths , only complaint is he doesn’t score enough but that’s not always his fault 

1 hour ago, Rcfc fan said:

He is decent , in the air and holding up the ball is his strengths , only complaint is he doesn’t score enough but that’s not always his fault 

He’s by far our most effective striker, which is absolutely damning with faint praise.  

3 minutes ago, forkboy said:

I for one am looking forward to next season. County might actually win some games, & as an added bonus will hopefully do it without Malky Mackay anywhere near the club

As a Dundee fan, I'm well used to this type of positive thinking.  Experience however tells me it's bollocks and there are no redeeming features of being relegated.  Anyhow, you have a job to do and that job is to help relegate Utd, just focus on that simple task.  

20 minutes ago, hk blues said:

As a Dundee fan, I'm well used to this type of positive thinking.  Experience however tells me it's bollocks and there are no redeeming features of being relegated.  Anyhow, you have a job to do and that job is to help relegate Utd, just focus on that simple task.  

I’d happily be relegated to League One next season if it meant Malky Mackay was no longer in charge but that’s just my opinion. 

2 hours ago, forkboy said:

I for one am looking forward to next season. County might actually win some games, & as an added bonus will hopefully do it without Malky Mackay anywhere near the club

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I’d happily be relegated to League One next season if it meant Malky Mackay was no longer in charge but that’s just my opinion. 

Bold to think Malky will get the sack when relegated.......

2 hours ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

That’s my biggest worry. Season tickets will go down next season if we’re relegated no matter what, but they will go down even more if he’s still in charge.

Some squad still lined up for next year:

Laidlaw (3 more years)
Randall
Smith
Baldwin
Purrington
Harmon
Callachan
Tillson
Loturi (2 more years)
Akio (2 more years)
Dhanda
Sims
Murray (2 more years)
White
Hiwula (remember him?)

You could definitely make a Championship-contending XI out of that.

I wonder if they will have the relegation clause that was there in 2018 i.e. the club either:-
(i) honour the full wage, or
(ii) offer a reduced wage at a set figure, but if the player refuses they can go on a free transfer.

I remember the whole squad got offered option (ii) then, apart from Jason Naismith so that a transfer fee could be recouped for him. There might be a case of that kind of thing happening with Dhanda, Loturi etc.

Edited by bunglebonce

11 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Some squad still lined up for next year:

Laidlaw (3 more years)
Randall
Smith
Baldwin
Purrington
Harmon
Callachan
Tillson
Loturi (2 more years)
Akio (2 more years)
Dhanda
Murray (2 more years)
White
Hiwula (remember him?)

You could definitely make a Championship-contending XI out of that.

I wonder if they will have the relegation clause that was there in 2018 i.e. the club either:-
(i) honour the full wage, or
(ii) offer a reduced wage at a set figure, but if the player refuses they can go on a free transfer.

I remember the whole squad got offered option (ii) then, apart from Jason Naismith so that a transfer fee could be recouped for him. There might be a case of that kind of thing happening with Dhanda, Loturi etc.

Contending?  More like steamrolling.  How many of those guys would stay is more the question.  

That squad would piss the Championship. I reckon about 2/3s of them won’t be here, though. 

ETA - just read the full post. I think you’re right regarding relegating clauses as surely players coming up here know it’s a potential risk. 

Edited by Matty-RCFC

7 hours ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

5 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

That’s my biggest worry. Season tickets will go down next season if we’re relegated no matter what, but they will go down even more if he’s still in charge.

Was it a three year contract he signed? Struggling to find anything about it

On 25/04/2023 at 08:04, Rcfc fan said:

I'd love him back at Livi, big man wee man combo alomgside Anderson, as we're likely losing Nouble and Guthrie is nowhere near as good as White.