The General Ross County Chat Thread

9 hours ago, RH33 said:

Stevie up for CEO award somekind. Not sure why, not as in snide way but can someone enlighten me on his achievements as CEO?

It’s a good question.  The club is a mess on and off the pitch.  

1 hour ago, Pete the Jakey said:

I would like to know why Sugar Kennedy got punted as MC for matchday hospitality.  The guy is a legend and worked the room so well.

No "punting". Sugar's been slowly but surely stepping back for years into semi-retirement. He was only doing every second match pre-pandemic.

On 10/05/2023 at 12:59, staggy4life said:

The Ross Stewart transfer is the first time I've been impressed with our dealings. 500k for a guy out of contract in the summer. We've already received another 6 figure fee for Sunderland getting promoted and are due another 6 figure fee in the summer for them staying up this season. 

Dhanda has 2 years left so I'd be hoping we could get 750k+

EDIT: I see he only signed a 2 year deal so 500k is probably more realistic.

What a result for you guys but can’t help feeling nothing but resentment toward Alan Stubbs, who basically told him he wasn’t good enough for St Mirren and the Scottish premiership, before selling him to County for about 60 K. 

No wonder that clown has never managed again since we gave him the bullet.

2 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

So what makes you say this?

Can't say I share this opinion but I don't claim to be ITK with the inner workings, or day to day operations.

I work with the community development side of both Highland clubs as part of my work. The Inverness CT community trust couldn’t be more accommodating.  County’s community liaison is nothing short of embarrassing to the point that I don’t think they even bother with it. 

32 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I work with the community development side of both Highland clubs as part of my work. The Inverness CT community trust couldn’t be more accommodating.  County’s community liaison is nothing short of embarrassing to the point that I don’t think they even bother with it. 

That's disappointing to hear. 25 years ago it was County's community liaison in my bit of the Highlands that got me and others along to VP regularly - coaching sessions, free tickets etc. In contrast, ICT's was non-existent and therefore so was their support in my school.

Presumably its some form of financial award Ferguson is up for.

£28 for a midweek Premiership game, against a team 120 miles away, surely has the pounds rolling in.

30 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

"The beach balls are burst today".

Happy 10 years.

Glorious.  One of my all time favourites in the derby games, although nothing will ever beat McGarry’s after-the-ceefax equaliser.  

I can't believe that it's been ten years since that match already. Sometimes I do wonder if we wanted to win that game given we lined up with Conor Pepper as a RB and Charlie Taylor and Danny Devine in midfield. A bizarre starting XI.

Edited by RiG

39 minutes ago, RiG said:

I can't believe that it's been ten years since that match already. Sometimes I do wonder if we wanted to win that game given we lined up with Conor Pepper as a RB and Charlie Taylor and Danny Devine in midfield. A bizarre starting XI.

Stuart Kettlewell did a man-marking job on Andrew Shinnie, which neutralised ICT. All Butcher had to do was ask Shinnie to move out to one of the sides and it would have left a huge gap in the middle for Doran to move into unattended. 

7 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Iacovitti's fitness is going to be a huge factor in our survival in these last two games. Just the fact that he went off means that there's serious cause for concern, as he's not one to go off injured for something minor.

I’m resigning myself to the playoffs at best at this point.   The team simply doesn’t have the discipline.   I don’t think the other teams are any better, but the moment Edwards (who should have joined that Southampton muppet on the first train out of Dodge) got sent off, they were always going to concede.  The loan players this season have been nothing short of a disgrace, Brophy being the single exception.