The General Ross County Chat Thread

12 minutes ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

Genuine non-trolling question: are there a section of the fans who have continued to stay away due to McKay being in charge? 

Yes.  A bigger number than the club would ever admit.  It became tiring after about a month of his appointment, so we largely hold our tongue, but there are plenty of us who no longer financially contribute to the club.

57 minutes ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

Genuine non-trolling question: are there a section of the fans who have continued to stay away due to McKay being in charge? 

I didn’t go once last season, knew that I was pissing into the wind by staying away but now that we’re back in the mire I’ve not been at a game since March. A few others I know just go and watch Clach or Nairn depending on who’s at home.

1 hour ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

I genuinely have no idea how many. Looking at average attendance it's not like they are down massively, so it's probably not as many as you'd want. But yeah, there's still some of us. It's burned pretty much any good will I once had for MacGregor & I can't see him getting that back. Which, arguably I shouldn't have had any goodwill for anyone with a 9 figure bank account but that's football for you, makes mugs of us all. But it's like Savage Henry says, no point banging on about it repeatedly because it just ends up having the same pointless argument over & over.

Honestly, you go back & read some of the comments MacGregor made to the press in January 2022 where he's still claiming to bewildered at the reception to Mackay from fans & he somehow didn't expect such strong feelings from Highlanders & I just think "god, do you really think all Highlanders are that racist?" The way he comes off you'd think it's the fans hating Malky for not being racist. I genuinely fear he'll refuse to accept he got it wrong.

2 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I didn’t go once last season, knew that I was pissing into the wind by staying away but now that we’re back in the mire I’ve not been at a game since March. A few others I know just go and watch Clach or Nairn depending on who’s at home.

I took to watching Inverness Athletic in the North Caley when I needed a football fix, it was fun. Not quite the same thing though, as the team you started following when you were in Primary School. But to a certain extent I'm just not as obsessed with football as I was, if this goes on another season then I can easily see myself just only watching Scotland games & international tournaments.

Edited by forkboy

Yep i was a season ticket holder along with my kids and have not been back since he was appointed

I respect people for walking away and making a point but the way I see it is one person cannot make a club nor does one person’s past/beliefs etc reflect a club as a whole , I was here long before the manager was put in place and will be here long after he goes too. 

Respectfully, I’d be surprised if it was more than 100 who still uphold their moral objection to Mackays appointment through non attendance. That specific demographic is likely to magnified amongst 30 something enlightened P&B users. County have always had an aged support, and that has been supplemented by families since Prem status. Of those two groups I’m not suggesting that they weren’t opposed to the appointment, just that it wasn’t enough to tell the kids that football is cancelled this year.

I respect anyone who hasn’t attended since his appointment, but post covid social habits and latterly the cost of living is a far bigger factor in my opinion. And the fact we are pish.

12 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Ho hum.  Anyone remotely optimistic?

I was before Sunday.  What an utterly abject example of hoofball.  

The changes made to the starting XI on Sunday confirm the fact that we are at the end of the season and Mackay still has no idea what our best XI is.  He's had 38 matches to figure it out.  Wait until he last game of the season before deciding Loturi isn't good enough to partner Dhanda?  Maybe we should play a 5-5 formation, because that's what we are doing anyway.

I've not been back either. Half considered going to the play-off game, but don't fancy it. At this point, it'll take Roy going to get me back to Victoria Park.

I've enjoyed taking in a few non league games over the past couple of seasons. I'll keep doing that.

That said, I'd still rather we stayed up. I suspect relegation isn't enough to change the current manager anyway, sadly.

I’ve never felt such a lack of empathy towards the club, and that’s including from when Malky was employed and Roy started spouting all his pish. That’s a sad state of affairs when you’ve supported the club for 25 years.

13 hours ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

I think numbers are hard to pin down but from what I've seen from friends/work colleagues there's a decent number who stopped going (myself included) when McKay took charge.  Some who softened their stance and have since gone back, while others have remained resolute but for me it was his reaction to the incident last season at Tannadice which kind of confirmed that McKay doesn't really grasp the situation and I've remained away since then.

I did go to a few away games locally where County played....but since his arrival none of my money has gone into the club in any manner.

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I've spotted that Edwards is up in court again on Tuesday. Is this related to his Hogmanay joyride, or has he been a naughty boy again?

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/current-business/court-rolls/court-roll?id=07408d2d-b149-48a6-a7a6-f91760dd5833

Christ that's a busy day at court, is it always like that?

My policeman friend told me about Edwards getting lifted, and it was something along the lines of "that idiot needs to stop getting in a car, he has no license but loves a wee drive" which suggested to me it happened more than once.

I'm not local to the club but I'd usually take in the games in Paisley and couple others and if I was home I'd go. Haven't since his appointment. Doubt they've missed me.

I'd never give Clyde or Raith cash again. Ever.

Last couple of years I've been disappointed in the decisions of the above clubs. 

22 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Laughable pre-programmed social media campaign suggests our new kit will be launched on Tuesday.  Looks like it’s all blue with a round neck. 

*Monday.

Very bold timing, but that aside, it looks like Joma / whoever signs off the kit designs has finally realised less is more. It looks very promising, with no unnecessary red.