The General Ross County Chat Thread

Well what can you say after that - probably in my top 3 days of supporting County. From sheer disappointment to shivering nerves to utter jubilation in the space of an hour.

There are several players, more than several in fact, that are simply not good enough for top flight Scottish Football. However, the heart they showed today was that of a lion - for that you simply have to thank them. In terms of going forward I’m sure many of them will leave and they will do so with my best wishes, but it’s absolutely for the best as the club needs a complete reset to use today as a building block to get the feel good factor back again. The main factor in that would be to rid the manager of his position - I haven't heard any interviews thus far but a few things are sounding promising. 

The County - don’t half keep you on your toes. 

Congratulations to County and the character shown to come back. Always a pleasure to travel to Dingwall. Lovely area and friendly fans and a well run club. Thistle can have no complaints with the outcome as they had so many chances and sadly wasted them. 

I was resigned to relegation, compensated by high hopes of MM moving on. 

Now, while I'm obvs glad we're staying up, another turgid season of that under MM may seriously damage the affection I have for the club. Really hope he just slips away having kept us up, thanks very much, see you later. We can then start the rebuild thats been needed since the season we won the u21 league and did hee-haw with the players. 

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

New kit.  It’s clean.  It’s as good as we could hope for with Joma, but still has that traditional Joma touch of cheapness.  Don’t know why it’s not embedding. 

https://fb.watch/kZk-y-c5Pr/

Love it, best kit we've had for a while.  Nice to see Billy Ferries and Don Cowie in the vid. 

Yeh good to get back to the traditional all blue strip.

As much as its difficult to criticise individual players after a superb comeback, there was an obvious reason we were in that position in the first place. The quality of the squad simply has to be improved if we are to avoid second bottom next season. It has been a turgid season which saw too many needless suspensions and injuries. 

I'd start with tying up Brophy!

1 hour ago, USSR Tycoon said:

As much as its difficult to criticise individual players after a superb comeback, there was an obvious reason we were in that position in the first place. The quality of the squad simply has to be improved if we are to avoid second bottom next season. It has been a turgid season which saw too many needless suspensions and injuries. 

Brophy would be a big outlay.

As far as what squad will still be signed for next season:

Laidlaw (3 more years)
Randall
Smith
Baldwin
Purrington
Harmon
Callachan
Tillson
Loturi (2 more years)
Akio (2 more years)
Dhanda
Sims
Murray (2 more years)
White
Hiwula

1 hour ago, USSR Tycoon said:

Yeh good to get back to the traditional all blue strip.

I can’t believe your answer to a season with too many injuries is to make signing Brophy your first priority. 

11 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Brophy would be a big outlay.

As far as what squad will still be signed for next season:

Laidlaw (3 more years)
Randall
Smith
Baldwin
Purrington
Harmon
Callachan
Tillson
Loturi (2 more years)
Akio (2 more years)
Dhanda
Sims
Murray (2 more years)
White
Hiwula

IMO;

Keep
Laidlaw
Randall
Smith
Baldwin
Purrington
Harmon
Loturi
Dhanda
Murray
White

Not Arsed
Sims

Punt
Callachan
Tillson
Akio
Hiwula

Renew
Iacovitti
Cancola
Samuel

Edited by StoneThrowAway

Well done to County on staying up. I appreciate a lot of fans have issues, with current manager.

Your players stuck in when they had been written off. 

Best of luck for next season.

The odds of Yan Dhanda still being at Victoria Park come September seem pretty long. There's English Championship sides sniffing around after all.

I'm sure we'll take a scattergun approach & bring in lots of loanees from down south & one of them might end up being useful. But as it is, recruitment is a concern because it's not like we adequately replaced the guys who left last summer.

I think Malky was a key factor in the win. His tactics, substitutions and instructions to the players were textbook.

Everyone was praising Doonan for his on pitch interview, and he was extremely impressive. However with hindsight it was not the time to be giving away tactics. 

I had a previous happy experience watching county with the equaliser against Dundee Utd in the promotion season. This was even better.