The General Ross County Chat Thread

I think we all knew Iacovitti was leaving, clubs down South were sniffing around him. Good luck to him, scored some big goals for us.

I renewed my season ticket this morning and the girls said the shop has never been busier, they are working flat out. Having a strip launch and a early bird offer was a bit of a blinder. I expect management and players are on the beach, so wouldn’t anticipate any signings this week or next, but you never know.

33 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

I expect management and players are on the beach, so wouldn’t anticipate any signings this week or next, but you never know.

Surely contract renewals are already in place! Pretty dodgy for the players and the club if nothing is sorted.

Maybe I’m missing it with Iacovitti. I always thought he was an absolutely fine ‘meat and potatoes’ defender, and he’d throw himself in front of anything but he’s tragic on the ball and I often found myself fizzing in my seat at some of his decision making. 

A decent Premiership player - entirely replaceable though.

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Maybe I’m missing it with Iacovitti. I always thought he was an absolutely fine ‘meat and potatoes’ defender, and he’d throw himself in front of anything but he’s tragic on the ball and I often found myself fizzing in my seat at some of his decision making. 

A decent Premiership player - entirely replaceable though.

Was one of the few legitimate threats in the air we had at set pieces.

4 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

I renewed my season ticket this morning and the girls said the shop has never been busier, they are working flat out. Having a strip launch and a early bird offer was a bit of a blinder. I expect management and players are on the beach, so wouldn’t anticipate any signings this week or next, but you never know.

Yeah, it's clearly been a bit mental with renewals.

Also heard that they've extended the early bird offer for another week I think.

I have renewed my season tickets, and the club shop was quite busy when I was there with others also renewing theirs and people in for new shirts. I was given a figure as to how many season tickets have been sold, and if correct its easy to see why they have been rushed off their feet.

I suspect the interest in renewing tickets etc has been helped by the euphoria of the dramatic win against Partick.

3 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Yeah, it's clearly been a bit mental with renewals.

Also heard that they've extended the early bird offer for another week I think.

The early bird and guaranteed seats for existing ST holders is until 5pm Wed now.

9 hours ago, All Or Nothing said:

Speculation there could be managerial type news coming out of 

Do you have a source for that? Even a hint of a source? Is this someone bring brought in? A coach perhaps? What are you actually on about? (No offence like...)

Are you close friends with an actual player or is this pub talk from the Mallard?

I know a few want Malky gone and I respect that, but playing this endless record on&on&on gets tiresome. I'm at the stage of blocking users as I suspect they are either ICT fans in disguise, childish playground behaviour or they are worse still constant moaners!!

Many wanted Kettlewell away, sure the team were poor at the time. Was he a bad manager? Never!! County's own support sometimes piss me right off, constant negativity despite avoiding relegation. I didn't like Jim McIntyre, couldn't stand the guy, but didn't post constantly each week that he was on his way. State clearly what's happening, where you heard it from (hints even) or do as a favour return to the ICT thread or if boycotting, why not boycott this thread and give us all a break from reading pish that is not clear, detailed or has credability.

3 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

I see Queen’s Park look like they are hiring the anderlecht no2 so that can’t be right about mackay leaving for them

I’d imagine he’d be lining up a DoF job if he was to leave County.  I’m kind of resigned to him staying, and to be fair he outmatched his opposite number in the playoffs.   You could argue he deserves another chance in the top flight.  I wouldn’t, but there is a case to argue that he achieved his remit. 

Has anyone else had grief with Tickets.Com and season ticket renewal ?. Just checked my Credit Card , and it says there are 2 further pending payments of £350 ?.

Guess I will have to join the queue of grumpy people at the ticket office tomorrow, and let off steam. What should have been a simple task to renew the ticket, has been a complete nightmare, I had originally given up trying to do it online as it was so confusing, only when someone explained it on Twitter did , or so I thought, I buy my ticket.

The whole thing is a complete shambles, I shouldn’t really be surprised..

We are reportedly after Jesse Debrah a 22 year old CB from Halifax Town. 

Seems to be a lot of English League 1 and 2 clubs after him too. A wee bit about him here:

20230611_110113.thumb.jpg.6e2ac71dd62786b9300c3d0ecb6efd43.jpg

Kyle Turner and Regan Hendry are other names I've heard us been linked with, although nothing in the press yet.

2 hours ago, Sonam said:

I know a few want Malky gone and I respect that, but playing this endless record on&on&on gets tiresome. I'm at the stage of blocking users as I suspect they are either ICT fans in disguise, childish playground behaviour or they are worse still constant moaners!!

I am one of those who prefer to see ICT lose than County win, so I don’t know where that puts me. 

3 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

Seems to be a lot of English League 1 and 2 clubs after him too. A wee bit about him here:

Kyle Turner and Regan Hendry are other names I've heard us been linked with, although nothing in the press yet.

Turner and Hendry are the type of centre-mid County needs to evolve the squad. 

10 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

Now, can someone tell me about Reluctant Nicko’s reliability in these matters?   I know he had a full blow meltdown after the playoffs, but other than that, I don’t know if he’s a Scott Burns or a Keith Jackson.  

Kyle Turner looks very much from the Ross Callachan mould to me.   He played as a ten against Ayr at a game I was at, but he really played as a 9 that day and it push Brian Graham wider which didn’t work at all.   Second half he dropped much deeper, more of an 8, and looked more comfy.  I suspect we’d struggle to get him, Callachan and Dhanda into the same team - so Malky would no doubt drop Dhanda and play Callachan at right back.  

Edited by Savage Henry

I’d be surprised if we signed either Turner or Hendry - I presume they’ll have more attractive offers towards the central belt so can’t see it.

R.E. the manager situation, from people who normally get this sort of thing spot on - “I’d be surprised if MM was on the touch line for County next season. I’d even go as far to say as Roy has met a couple targets already though I don’t have any names unfortunately”.  

Sounding promising…