The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Now, can someone tell me about Reluctant Nicko’s reliability in these matters? 

I recommend you ask him on Twitter how reliable he is, he'll respond fairly quickly.

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I’d be surprised if we signed either Turner or Hendry - I presume they’ll have more attractive offers towards the central belt so can’t see it.

R.E. the manager situation, from people who normally get this sort of thing spot on - “I’d be surprised if MM was on the touch line for County next season. I’d even go as far to say as Roy has met a couple targets already though I don’t have any names unfortunately”.  

Sounding promising…

IMG_5300.gif

12 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

I am one of those who prefer to see ICT lose than County win, so I don’t know where that puts me. 

I finally found the other person in the @TheScarf's famous quote

56 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I cannot be the only one searching ‘Ross County’ and ‘Malky’ on twitter every 5 minutes and then checking P&B in the hope of good news? Surely?

No I'm with you - have not been since he was appointed but would really love to be back

I listened to an Open Goal Podcast with John ‘Yogi’ Hughes which was published about 2-3 weeks after his departure, if my memory serves me correctly. He constantly blabbed on about Roy’s odd managerial techniques - hinting to me that they probably didn’t see eye to eye. 

36 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I listened to an Open Goal Podcast with John ‘Yogi’ Hughes which was published about 2-3 weeks after his departure, if my memory serves me correctly. He constantly blabbed on about Roy’s odd managerial techniques - hinting to me that they probably didn’t see eye to eye. 

Open Goal is the biggest amount of drivel going. 

1 hour ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Open Goal is the biggest amount of drivel going. 

You’ll not see me arguing with that one. I’ve not watched it for about a year now, but I did stumble across a clip about County/Thistle on twitter from their podcast the other day. Would recommend you find the same clip if you haven’t already seen it.

37 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

You’ll not see me arguing with that one. I’ve not watched it for about a year now, but I did stumble across a clip about County/Thistle on twitter from their podcast the other day. Would recommend you find the same clip if you haven’t already seen it.

3 men that know nothing about anything, crying about their mates not getting promoted, and Derek Ferguson... embarrassing.

Edited by StoneThrowAway

20 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

3 men that know nothing about anything, crying about their mates not getting promoted, and Derek Ferguson... embarrassing.

The disappointment was palpable on Sportscene and the resulting Sportsound podcasts, Richard Gordon aside.  I bear no ill feelings towards Partick Thistle, but it’s quite clear the established order would have sooner they went up.  

Edited by Savage Henry

Common knowledge weeks ago that Iacovetti was away, his house was sold and his missus isn't exactly discreet on Facebook. 

Regarding the Malky saga, I'm not ar$ed one way or the other if he goes or stays, he'll not get mich more than half a season anyway. 

But on the whole past incidents, I dont agree with what he's done, but I also don't think it needs justifying to the supporters every five minutes, people made their decisions not to follow the team anymore and that's their decision falling at the knees of supporters asking for forgiveness every week would be about as bearable as his "to a man" speeches. 

Get on with the job in hand, he's not here for a long time. 

Regarding signings, we need a goal scorer, theres no doubt about that, Jordan isn't it, and for the best will in the world neither is Samuel.

I'd be amazed if we hang onto Dhanda, I felt a bit of empathy for him throughout the season, he'd do a wonderful job of getting into a good crossing position, then he'd look up and nobody was moving so the ball would be played backwards, we should be trying to give him what he needs.

Dream would be Cookie coming back, I don't think it's working for him abroad, and a fit Boyce 😎 he'll can we roll the years back and get Billy Ferries back on the wing ⚽

This isn't my first post btw, I just lost my old login details.

Edited by Riz

19 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I cannot be the only one searching ‘Ross County’ and ‘Malky’ on twitter every 5 minutes and then checking P&B in the hope of good news? Surely?

He's Celtic minded. I reckon he won't be with you lot much longer 🤣

11 hours ago, Riz said:

Common knowledge weeks ago that Iacovetti was away, his house was sold and his missus isn't exactly discreet on Facebook. 

Regarding the Malky saga, I'm not ar$ed one way or the other if he goes or stays, he'll not get mich more than half a season anyway. 

But on the whole past incidents, I dont agree with what he's done, but I also don't think it needs justifying to the supporters every five minutes, people made their decisions not to follow the team anymore and that's their decision falling at the knees of supporters asking for forgiveness every week would be about as bearable as his "to a man" speeches. 

Get on with the job in hand, he's not here for a long time. 

Regarding signings, we need a goal scorer, theres no doubt about that, Jordan isn't it, and for the best will in the world neither is Samuel.

I'd be amazed if we hang onto Dhanda, I felt a bit of empathy for him throughout the season, he'd do a wonderful job of getting into a good crossing position, then he'd look up and nobody was moving so the ball would be played backwards, we should be trying to give him what he needs.

Dream would be Cookie coming back, I don't think it's working for him abroad, and a fit Boyce 😎 he'll can we roll the years back and get Billy Ferries back on the wing ⚽

This isn't my first post btw, I just lost my old login details.

Great first post mate 👍

16 hours ago, StoneThrowAway said:

In fairness Derek Ferguson is at times worth the price of admission alone and McFadden is solid, albeit I don't feel the brightest after listening to the other two.