The General Ross County Chat Thread

I thought White did very well for us. 12 goals is indeed impressive, especially in that team. I don't like his Rangers supporting bias. Same if it was Celtic. He did himself & his Scottish career no favours that season. A little embarressing looking back. However, White is still scoring goals!!

Definately rate 'a fit' Brophy above him. An obvious question mark is on his fitness. Would rather have a fit White in the team than an unfit Brophy on the bench put it that way...

8 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I thought Leo Hjelde was pretty decent, so that'd be alright in my book.

Yeah, I agree.  I forgot to add if Leeds have a 17 year old winger with off the field issues and a habit of getting sent off, we’ll take him please.  

13 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Yeah, I agree.  I forgot to add if Leeds have a 17 year old winger with off the field issues and a habit of getting sent off, we’ll take him please.  

My first thought was McKinstry tbh.

3 hours ago, Sonam said:

I thought White did very well for us. 12 goals is indeed impressive, especially in that team. I don't like his Rangers supporting bias. Same if it was Celtic. He did himself & his Scottish career no favours that season. A little embarressing looking back. However, White is still scoring goals!!

Definately rate 'a fit' Brophy above him. An obvious question mark is on his fitness. Would rather have a fit White in the team than an unfit Brophy on the bench put it that way...

Tbf if he is a Rangers fan, he always seems to score against them....

8 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I’ve heard from a boy at my work that we’re one of the teams that have offered Scott Allardice a contract. The same boy also told me we offered Deas a contract, though, so take his pish with a pinch of salt. 

I can find out a week on Friday, our work has been invited to an event at ICT at which Scott Gardiner and Billy Dodds are going to be talking about the forthcoming season.

No surprises really with those three leaving the club. Happy to see Watson and Samuel leave to be honest. Watson was a great servant for us and cannot fault his bravery and commitment week in, week out. However, I think even he’d admit his days in the Premiership were probably done as he just couldn’t cope with the pace of the game anymore. Dom Samuel was an empty jersey, brought nothing to the table and sounded like he had a stinking attitude to boot. Slightly indifferent about Cancola - a tidy player and one I probably would’ve kept given the choice but he was fairly soft and did go missing at times.

The right decision to move all three on. Assume Ben Paton wasn’t mentioned as he’s still recovering with the club? Also hoping to see that Alex Samuel has been offered a new deal.

That leaves us with the following squad.

Goalkeepers:

Ross Laidlaw - 2026

Ross Munro - 2023

Logan Ross - 2023

Defenders

Jack Baldwin - 2024

Dylan Smith - 2024

Ben Purrington - 2024

Connor Randall - 2024

George Harmon - 2024

Midfielders

Jordan Tillson - 2024

Ross Callachan - 2024

Victor Loturi - 2025

Adam Mackinnon - 2024

Yan Dhanda - 2024

Josh Sims - 2024

William Akio - 2025

Strikers

Jordan White - 2024

Jordy Hiwula - 2024

Simon Murray - 2024

Matthew Wright - 2024

Alex Samuel - 2023

Looking at that squad, you’d assume Ross Munro and Alex Samuel have been offered deals given that they weren’t mentioned in the squad update. You’d also expect that we could see a few ‘mutual consent’ departures - namely Akio and Hiwula. That gives us a fairly decent nucleus of a squad to work with for next season. 

9 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I’ve heard from a boy at my work that we’re one of the teams that have offered Scott Allardice a contract. The same boy also told me we offered Deas a contract, though, so take his pish with a pinch of salt. 

Heard this myself although also heard he wants to move back down to Dundee as his Mrs doesn't like living in Nairn.

39 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Heard this myself although also heard he wants to move back down to Dundee as his Mrs doesn't like living in Nairn.

I don't think anyone likes living in Nairn, to be honest.