The General Ross County Chat Thread

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Anyway, between this and the St Mirren thread, I feel like it could be a busy day on the Ross County socials for once.  

We desperately need some movement, we're what.. a fortnight away from the League Cup starting, and nothing other than rumours up until now.

Plus in the void of no news, the natives are getting restless, we need some verified news just to release the tension!

3 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Pie and Bovril twitter suggesting Brophy is imminent!

I think there might be a couple making the same trip North.  Brophy is new news to me, but I heard Jay Henderson from a couple of folks weeks ago.  

11 minutes ago, Ric said:

We desperately need some movement, we're what.. a fortnight away from the League Cup starting, and nothing other than rumours up until now.

Plus in the void of no news, the natives are getting restless, we need some verified news just to release the tension!

Yeah, speculation overdrive is fun for a bit, but actual action on players everybody has heard of sounds much better.   Otherwise it’s a case of scouring training photos for players we don’t recognise.  

15 minutes ago, central staggie said:

Whilst 3 players coming in with experience of the Scottish game seems a logical and encouraging approach, I'm hoping that's not the extent of our business this summer.

Need a couple more on top of that, I'd say. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼 

It's 3 player before a ball is kicked in league Cup. So would imagine there will be further movement after that 

Desperately need a CB and finding someone from the Scottish game who is capable is going to be a big ask, unless you get an OF cast off.  We have typically recruited well from English lower leagues for our central defenders... Baldwin, Iacovitti and further back Andrew Davies.  I wouldn't want to see us commit to Scottish players only for this position.

3 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

It would be very, very Ross County Football Club to sign 4 central midfielders and take us up to a total of 7 - only to play a formation which can utilise two of them whilst requiring 3 centre backs and not signing a single one…

I think we're going to go with a 433/4231 again.

Who we currently have that can play CH are:

Baldwin, Purrington, Randall, Smith.

That's enough to go into the LC group games, but a fresh face in there would be good for the league campaign imo.

2 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

That's enough to go into the LC group games, but a fresh face in there would be good for the league campaign imo.

So two out and our centre halves, and two make shift full backs shoehorned at centre half. Don’t get me wrong, I think they could do a job in the League Cup but if we don’t have at least 2 centre halves signed by August  I will be slightly worried.

3 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Wouldn’t want to see Randall at cb , with the formations you have mentioned I just don’t know where you can fit Murray , brophy or Samuel in as I wouldn’t say they are particularly suited to playing wide