The General Ross County Chat Thread

6 hours ago, shermanator said:

Akio has 5 goals in 7 games for my club since signing. Just scored a last minute winner to put us 4 points clear of 2nd with 6 games left.

Thanks for running him out of Dingwall! 🤣

He was hands down one of the worst players I’ve ever seen play for us. That isn’t an easy title to win either. 

7 hours ago, shermanator said:

Akio has 5 goals in 7 games for my club since signing. Just scored a last minute winner to put us 4 points clear of 2nd with 6 games left.

Thanks for running him out of Dingwall! 🤣

Ethics be damned, eh?  The Canadian league must be awful, as Akio was absolutely hopeless in the Championship as well.  

Loturi has a bit more about him, and what is more he isn’t a sex pest.  

With regards to Ross Stewart, over £1m for doing nothing is an unbelievable windfall. I hope other clubs take note on the importance of sell on fees.

With signing fees in English football going from preposterous to stratospheric in the past 5 years Scottish clubs can make decent money by smart contracting. I’m thinking the likes of Turner and Partick, he has potential to go places. I guess it relates to player sales and not just Bosmans. 

Stewart was a decent striker, but by no means a word beater when with us. 

2 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Stewart was a decent striker, but by no means a word beater when with us. 

Aye, I’m absolutely stunned he’s going on to have the career he’s having. Don’t get me wrong his playing style is incredibly unique - his feet were remarkably quick for such a long guy and his finishing was also very consistent. I suppose with better coaches, they refine these raw attributes and turn them into the type of player they want. I was always infuriated with how poor he was in the air for his size but he seems to have developed in that sense down south.

I thought Sunderland, at the time, was a perfect move for him. A club at the top of League One challenging for promotion. I’m surprised (but delighted) that he’s now found himself at a club that will expect to finish top 2 in the second tier in England and likely play a big part for them. 

Have been thinking about the tidy little sell on we are getting for Ross Stewart. Dhanda is clearly our best player, possibly could start for any SPFL team and be a standout. So what do you reckon we could sell him for in future? 

20 minutes ago, stag317 said:

Have been thinking about the tidy little sell on we are getting for Ross Stewart. Dhanda is clearly our best player, possibly could start for any SPFL team and be a standout. So what do you reckon we could sell him for in future? 

£400,000 is roughly what we got for Boyce and Stewart.  It’d not be an unreasonable ask. 

31 minutes ago, stag317 said:

I fully expect him to be away in January. Malky's language in an interview this summer talked about Dhanda not being sold in his window and not going anywhere this year.

Cashing in on him to a EFL Championship club in January is realistic. County are very much small fry in that market and with half a season left on his contract, it wouldn't be greater than 500k. Trying to bank on a sell-on fee is a risk, but there should be a 10-20% sell-on there too.

That type of negotiation goes out of the window if Dhanda signs a pre-contract with another club in the SPFL in the January before a sale completes, however. See Simon Murray or Jason Naismith (first time) to County, or Glen Kamara from Dundee to Rangers. Kamara signed a pre-contract with Rangers, so Jim McIntyre at Dundee was happy to let Kamara go to Rangers in the same window for a £50k fee, but there was no sell-on. Kamara was sold to Leeds for £5m last week and Dundee got nothing back from it.

Thankfully, the English leagues seem to have a rule that you can't sign a player on a pre-contract earlier than a month from the contract ending, when it's six months in Scotland and other countries.

Edited by bunglebonce

You'd think Dhanda will have plenty of Championship sides watching him because hes already performed at that level. Does he qualify as "home grown" down there too?

8 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Ooft, I hope that comment isn’t what I think it is. 

I'll be honest, I bought him on FM about 3 years ago and he was playing for India, and I've just assumed hes Indian ever since 😂

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'll be honest, I bought him on FM about 3 years ago and he was playing for India, and I've just assumed hes Indian ever since 😂

Understood.  The language you used could be read differently but I know you don’t mean it that way.

He regards himself as both Indian and English, and because of that the Indian football authorities won’t let him play for India.  

I seriously think it would be of benefit to County to hold onto Dhanda and just lose him at the end of the season for a free. I’m unsure of the difference between the prize money amongst the positions in the league, but the sheer impact he has on our team could literally give us another 15-18 points which could be another 3/4 positions higher than we’d be without him. 

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

There’s the first mutual agreement of the year.  Jordy Hiwula is away.  No surprise, he wasn’t very good.  Wouldn’t be surprised if a couple of others left this week as well. 

There are others on the fringes of the squad such as Tillson and Purrington but I'd be surprised if they were allowed to leave as they have proven themselves to be decent and can offer cover for a few positions. That being said I've no idea what wages they're on so if we were to save a good chunk by getting rid then that would be understandable imo.

Paton we already know will be away come January, the club are doing him a service by keeping him on whilst he recovers from a major injury.

Does anybody know when the loan window shuts/if it is already shut? I believe you can still sign domestic players on loan from higher leagues but that might not be the case. If it’s not, seems a bit bizarre to see Adam Mackinnon kept around the first team for the season. With the signing of High on deadline day, I make it 8 midfielders ahead of Mackinnon in the pecking order so I’d be a bit gutted for the lad if he’s made to rot after what seemed like a very promising spell at Montrose last season.