The General Ross County Chat Thread

Also remember a superb boss I worked for at BT Alness (when it first opened) he was a top programmer at Microsoft down south. Quit after visiting Highlands for a holiday and loved it so much he moved up with no job at the time. He quit to join Cap Gem and what a loss it was!! I learn't so much from him. Think his boss treated him as a sort of traitor.

From then on when he left it went crap as the guy that replaced him was an edgit with no good computing experience.

On 11/12/2023 at 08:39, Sonam said:

I left a job at 'Visit Scotland' years back and my god the HR dept felt I was a traitor for doing so. Others were ok, but was sat right next to HR which made that last month awkward. Wasn't like I needed or was training for that job either. 

HR people are deranged, I think it's mandated at their interviews.

35 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

There's a rumour on X (formally known as twitter) that the club are making an announcement at 1pm today. Anyone in the know and willing to share it with P&B?

Could it be a certain Mr Schalk (31) has just left Urawa Red Diamonds in the J league... 

Adams has been in the press talking about needing a bit more aggression.  Sounds to me more like a defensive midfielder or centre back.  

21 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Adams has been in the press talking about needing a bit more aggression.  Sounds to me more like a defensive midfielder or centre back.  

I've spotted Tim Chow in Dingwall and Inverness on several occasions since the Chinese league finished at the start of November, as well as in the directors' seats in the west stand at the St Mirren match.

ETA Not that I expect he is signing.

Edited by bunglebonce

6 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

I've spotted Tim Chow in Dingwall and Inverness on several occasions since the Chinese league finished at the start of November, as well as in the directors' seats in the west stand at the St Mirren match.

ETA Not that I expect he is signing.

I genuinely thought I saw him in the Mustard Seed not so long ago.   How underwhelming would that be?  I’m not sure he was up to scratch last time round.  

54 minutes ago, AndyX said:

Only a matter of time before Yann Songo'o appears. Has a manager ever signed the same player 6 times?

Songo'o will surely have to return to County, even if it's as a coach. Has there ever been a player follow a single manager around as much as him, seriously, there can't be many more.

35 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Songo'o will surely have to return to County, even if it's as a coach. Has there ever been a player follow a single manager around as much as him, seriously, there can't be many more.

I would be very surprised if we didnt see a return of at least one of Adams previous signings.  The St Mirren game showed us we need another CB if we are going to play 3 at the back, as an injury or suspension leaves us short.  Despite his plaudits I'm not 100% Dylan Smith can be relied upon just yet.

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Formation of a supporters’ club.  

*Another

Do I not remember something like this happening before, where a bunch of randoms decided they were going to be the official supporters club despite us already having some? I remember the BISC weren't too pleased about it.

45 minutes ago, Spain said:

*Another

Do I not remember something like this happening before, where a bunch of randoms decided they were going to be the official supporters club despite us already having some? I remember the BISC weren't too pleased about it.

It’ll disappear from memory after a fortnight.  A bit like the Staggie Army.  Which I always thought was a supporters’ club, but here we are. 

To those who wish to give referees or linesmen abuse at games, perhaps in light of what happened in Turkey recently they will see the error of their ways and perhaps think that sometimes what might seem an 'OK' thing to do does impact on people lives.

Edited by silver

Ok, I was at the game yesterday, a last minute goal to lose any game is hard to take. But wtf is Derek Adams going on about, imo he needs to (attempt to justify) or apologise for his comments. I understand he's emotional but if he's not able to compose himself to do a post match interview, then he shouldn't do one. What he's done is ridicules himself, and the club. 

I don't think it's a stretch to imagine MacGregor, and the board will be questioning how we have got ourselves into this situation, and how we get out of it.

39 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Ok, I was at the game yesterday, a last minute goal to lose any game is hard to take. But wtf is Derek Adams going on about, imo he needs to (attempt to justify) or apologise for his comments. I understand he's emotional but if he's not able to compose himself to do a post match interview, then he shouldn't do one. What he's done is ridicules himself, and the club. 

I don't think it's a stretch to imagine MacGregor, and the board will be questioning how we have got ourselves into this situation, and how we get out of it.

75% of what he said was correct. Was the game yesterday pish? Yes. Do our players need to be better when they get into good positions? Yes. Did we have enough of the play to win the game with a bit more composure and skill? Yes. Is our squad expensively assembled and relatively poor? Yes. 

Okay, he went a bit over the top on Scottish Football as a whole (although it is a poor top flight this year as shown by most teams fans being unhappy with their team) and his Morecambe team being 100X better but it's classic Adams. I'm sure Roy knew what he was signing up for