The General Ross County Chat Thread

Anyone who was at the game yesterday will agree with the majority of Adam's points. He'll never win any diplomacy prizes ,his manner is less than polished and he isn't going to forge a career in PR. Evidently he doesn't bother with the Scottish football chuminess which is both bland and achingly complacent.  I applaud him for that.  What I think yesterday was about was the final understanding that he has inherited a largely underwhelming squad of players and I expect significant changes in January.  Our inability to move the ball forward quickly throughout the match was appalling and can't be ignored. He's drawn a line in the sand and called out the personnel.  If they aren't up to improving it's up to them. I'll  back him for now as it's the medicine required following Mackay 's banality. 

6 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Ok, I was at the game yesterday, a last minute goal to lose any game is hard to take. But wtf is Derek Adams going on about, imo he needs to (attempt to justify) or apologise for his comments. I understand he's emotional but if he's not able to compose himself to do a post match interview, then he shouldn't do one. What he's done is ridicules himself, and the club. 

I don't think it's a stretch to imagine MacGregor, and the board will be questioning how we have got ourselves into this situation, and how we get out of it.

It was perhaps a message to MacGregor to get his checkbook out. Sure, we need a few more quality players but how? Look at some of the wages being paid in the worse quality League 2 IMO. 

The next match against Hibs is going to be massive. Unfortunately, I don't see a County win. A big defeat here and well, I will know who I will blame....

Derek has every right to air his views and I back him in that decision. All too often we hear the same old lines trotted out after a defeat, but he has caused a media storm with his remarks so good on him.

The game yesterday was rubbish, dressing it up as anything else is nonsense.

Such a marked difference in the point of view between County fans and the opposition fans on the Derek Adams thread. I found Adams comments interesting as ordinarily the management orthodoxy is that it's a big faux pas to slate your players publicly. I think he may have just spoken honestly or he may have alternative reasons for saying it such as sending a message or whatever - not fixed on the why.

It was interesting nonetheless to hear him speak in that way and looking forward to seeing how you do in the coming weeks. I think you'll see a reaction against Hibs from the players. Not a guarantee of a win or a result, but I think the team will perform better.

Edited by 2426255

If we beat Hibs, he's a genius. 

If we lose, all the pressure is on him and not the players. 

Only just got to listen to the full rant now (had seen the condensed version on Sportscene) and interesting that he specifically says about players leaving in January. He's probably already got a list that he wants out the door

22 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Such a marked difference in the point of view between County fans and the opposition fans on the Derek Adams thread. I found Adams comments interesting as ordinarily the management orthodoxy is that it's a big faux pas to slate your players publicly. I think he may have just spoken honestly or he may have alternative reasons for saying it such as sending a message or whatever - not fixed on the why.

It was interesting nonetheless to hear him speak in that way and looking forward to seeing how you do in the coming weeks. I think you'll see a reaction against Hibs from the players. Not a guarantee of a win or a result, but I think the team will perform better.

I think that's between you and everyone else.

You painting him as some Fergusonesque genius is probably one of the worst takes ever.

Adams is a fud who can't control his emotions.

Nothing more, nothing less.

6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I think that's between you and everyone else.

You painting him as some Fergusonesque genius is probably one of the worst takes ever.

Adams is a fud who can't control his emotions.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I think most County fans knew what they were getting and aren’t that fussed about his post match tantrums. For some reasons other fans get a bit upset about it.

10 minutes ago, Staggie52 said:

I think most County fans knew what they were getting and aren’t that fussed about his post match tantrums. For some reasons other fans get a bit upset about it.

Not particularly upset- just surprised how far he went in throwing his own team under the bus.

County were not that bad and on another day could have won - but shit happens - he needs to be a bit more sanguine about it and save the hairdryer treatment for behind closed doors.

16 minutes ago, Staggie52 said:

Most people are taking the pish out him for his meltdown, rather than being "annoyed".

Claiming some victory from this is like shitting in the middle of a shop then claiming your popular because everyones talking about you.

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Not particularly upset- just surprised how far he went in throwing his own team under the bus.

County were not that bad and on another day could have won - but shit happens - he needs to be a bit more sanguine about it and save the hairdryer treatment for behind closed doors.

No, wasn’t referring to you , but some have got quite excited about it. He has always been the same and unlikely to change, if we’d got the last minute goal he’d have complained that the ref/Dundee manager/the SPFL/ our players were the reason we didn’t win by more. Best just ignoring his public rants.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Most people are taking the pish out him for his meltdown, rather than being "annoyed".

Claiming some victory from this is like shitting in the middle of a shop then claiming your popular because everyones talking about you.

That’s not what I’m seeing from some of the meltdowns, but we all take things differently. I have no idea what your comment about claiming victories is about. My indifference to his ranting is just that.

On 15/12/2023 at 12:23, bunglebonce said:

I've spotted Tim Chow in Dingwall and Inverness on several occasions since the Chinese league finished at the start of November, as well as in the directors' seats in the west stand at the St Mirren match.

ETA Not that I expect he is signing.

He is back and forth to Dingwall often as has actually married a Dingwall lassie. 

33 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

I do worry about how the playing staff are taking it. He’s not going to be able to replace 25 players in January.

Yeah, my worry is that the players spit the dummy and start complaining to Fergie/Roy. Just have to wait and see.

Sounds like Morecambe are about to be hit with a fairly substantial points deduction for failing financial rules for a 2nd time.

Maybe Adams knew that was coming so got out with his stock relatively intact?

49 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sounds like Morecambe are about to be hit with a fairly substantial points deduction for failing financial rules for a 2nd time.

Maybe Adams knew that was coming so got out with his stock relatively intact?

So the moral of the story is that all Scottish clubs should financially cheat to become (nearly) as good as Morecambe!