The General Ross County Chat Thread

I see Nightengale has come out and essentially agreed with Adams.  As has Martindale, albeit it more restrained words - not unlike the words Adams used in the Ross County interview.  The guy really does have the press wrapped around his finger.  

50 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

The guy really does have the press wrapped around his finger.  

Do you think he does it intentionally or is just a muppet who can't contain his emotional outbursts?

Edited by 2426255

34 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Whatever your take on his outburst, it’s certainly a PR dream. Got everyone talking about Derek Adams and Ross County for 2 days. I don’t think Roy or the SPFL will be at all bothered about it.

Neil McCann said on Sportscene that "he might have a few questions from his Chairman" after the interview. That just made me think McCann wasn't on the right wavelength. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/67743726

I saw a quote from David Robertson saying on one hand how he thought it was "sheer frustration" and on the other hand he found Adams to be "very level headed" so no help there. 😂

I think it was sheer frustration. I did a coaching course with Derek before and he is very level headed. It's never easy losing a goal in the last kick of the ball, particularly the type of goal it was when it came off the chest.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02nrsc7/episodes/downloads

Edited by 2426255

5 hours ago, K.T said:

Whatever your take on his breakdown it would’ve  annoyed me to hear my teams manager refer to another team as “we” 

The only bit that mildly irked me was the x100 times better comment as that is simply not true. Ross County would hammer Morecambe.

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

The only bit that mildly irked me was the x100 times better comment as that is simply not true. Ross County would hammer Morecambe.

Maybe with Dhanda playing. Without him, could go either way.

We've seen Songo'o, Slew, and Melbourne. Are they really miles below Leak, White, and Purrington?

51 minutes ago, AndyX said:

Maybe with Dhanda playing. Without him, could go either way.

We've seen Songo'o, Slew, and Melbourne. Are they really miles below Leak, White, and Purrington?

Slew was an athlete - he had a unique skill set but he was technically miles off it. Songo’o was alright, but again I’d have all 3 of our current centre backs before I’d have him in the team. Max Melbourne was a waste of a jersey. 

If we played Morecambe tomorrow, I’d have no doubts that we’d beat them comfortably. I think every team in the Scottish Championship would too. 

ETA: Falkirk probably would too.

Edited by Matty-RCFC

35 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Slew was an athlete - he had a unique skill set but he was technically miles off it. Songo’o was alright, but again I’d have all 3 of our current centre backs before I’d have him in the team. Max Melbourne was a waste of a jersey. 

If we played Morecambe tomorrow, I’d have no doubts that we’d beat them comfortably. I think every team in the Scottish Championship would too. 

All about opinions I guess, but I'd have Songo'o before any of our centre backs. Does 'athlete but miles off it technically' not remind you of any of our current forwards?

It's subjective of course, could make arguments either way, but there's no huge gulf. Without Dhanda this County team would be struggling horribly. The team with Slew and Songo'o didn't.

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

c9604c54-ff09-436f-9853-70c6a8a58c4c_tex

Derek Adams,  what a bawbag.  He is  now backtracking on his clear, upfront and highly personal destruction of the standard of football in Scotland.  To now suggest he was only speaking about the 5 games he has seen is an absolute insult to the intelligence of everyone who heard  or read his comments. 

Speak big and be big or shut up.

19 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

A lot of United fans on Twitter claiming Simon Murray to them is a done deal…

I would be gutted to lose Simon Murray, he's worked so hard since coming to us.  I gather he has a neurodivergent son which cant be easy if he's away from his extended family.  

11 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

If it were to happen I assume it is for his family. I would be sad to see him go.

If ever a move opened up a transfer for Jordan Slew, it would be that.

He’s basically a not as good but more reliable Eamonn Brophy.  

This not good news, but it’s understandable.  

On 20/12/2023 at 14:55, Matty-RCFC said:

A lot of United fans on Twitter claiming Simon Murray to them is a done deal…

Im taking this with a pinch of salt as Utd will have to have paid for him as pretty sure he has at least 18mths on his contract still so wouldn't get him cheaply - plus big player for us as well and doubt DA would be playing him weekly if there was even a chance of this being true.