The General Ross County Chat Thread

36 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf that story broke a few days ago, about 15 minutes after i said he wouldnt be signing for club like Hearts.

McKay has missed basically the whole season so far and Lowry has been poor, so I'm not particularly surprised we're interested in Dhanda.

I would be surprised if we're willing to pay what Ross County will want to get him this month, though.

21 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Bet you got a semi when you saw it in writing from someone other than yourself. 

I think you probably need to read my post again.

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf that story broke a few days ago, about 15 minutes after i said he wouldnt be signing for club like Hearts.

If County sell him, then doubt they will get any suitable replacement. Hope they keep him for the whole season even when he leaves on a free.

Turner is good, but not that good. 

I've had Raith fans asking me if Turner is good as they've been linked with him, so that's also worrying.

30 minutes ago, silver said:

The squad we have just now has not exactly been firing on all cylinders, so if 3 or 4 players leave then I am not particularly bothered.

I agree to an extent, however, the players rumoured to be leaving are not the types of players that I believe are the problem. I think that we have the basis of a good squad, it's just the way that they have been utilised under MacKay. Adams seemed to get a tune out of them in the majority of the games since he returned. I'm (hopefully) putting the Aberdeen game down to a very very bad day at the office. 

2 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

What does that mean?

At this rate, finding eleven players wanting to play for DA is going to be a real issue, what a mess we're in.

Well we do have form for signing a cracking player in January.

Also spotted Edwards has signed for Morecombe, would have liked him back in Dingwall.

42 minutes ago, Super Staggie said:

Well we do have form for signing a cracking player in January.

Also spotted Edwards has signed for Morecombe, would have liked him back in Dingwall.

He was suspended more than he played.  

As for Scott High - injured is probably to shade his pride.  

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

He was suspended more than he played.  

As for Scott High - injured is probably to shade his pride.  

What an utterly pointless signing he was. Last thing we needed at the time was another centre midfielder. Lucky if he played half an hour in total of competitive football for us.

Great news that Nightingale is signed up. Hopefully he’ll take Baldwin’s place in the back four.

1 hour ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Think he means the other Edwards, Welsh lad, Gwen I think, played RWB?

Oh aye.  Apologies.

Will Nightengale is basically a more consistent, more injury prone, less ill-disciplined Jack Baldwin - a slightly undersized mobile centre back to go with the less mobile giant on the left.  Delighted he’s staying on, and I’d imagine it’ll become a full time move if we stay up.

2 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

What an utterly pointless signing he was. Last thing we needed at the time was another centre midfielder. Lucky if he played half an hour in total of competitive football for us.

Great news that Nightingale is signed up. Hopefully he’ll take Baldwin’s place in the back four.

Funnily enough they’re screaming out for a quality central midfielder now.  I think that tells you everything about High. 

54 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

https://x.com/thecountycorner/status/1744432278518796798?s=46&t=ifEZjmsywM4zZ6LsoCdAjw

My first ever away game with County. What a day it was. We must’ve taken a couple thousand to Forfar that day. Oh how things change. 

Tremendous, what a team. Brian Grant was a very handy striker.