The General Ross County Chat Thread

Do County fans think that AH and EI will play abroad next season or end up at other SPL clubs ? .

I think I heard something at the end of the season that Hainault was feeling homesick, but then my memory is crap so I may have made that up.

Not a clue about Oikonomou though.

I hope S4L is back on-shore now. He promised us good news once he got back to his phone.

Will need to pester my source again too, to see if he knows anything worthwhile.

I'm back onshore. :thumsup2

Gutted to hear the news about Hainault and Ikonomou. If Del manages to get players the same quality as Andre, Iko, Lawson and Vigurs on roughly the same wages then he deserves a statue on Jubilee Park Road.

If Del manages to get players the same quality as Andre, Iko, Lawson and Vigurs on roughly the same wages then he deserves a statue on Jubilee Park Road.

That's the gist of our collective disappointment, I guess. Derek and George are good, but will lightning strike twice? Part of me is excitedly optimistic, but not all of me just yet.

My biggest concern is that County's success to date has been about quiet evolution of the team. Brittain's played >160 league games; Lawson >140; Vigurs >100; and Gardyne & Miller were both at 100. There was a lot to be said about County's team shape, which comes from drilling and lots of experience together. Bringing in a clutch of foreigners for key, central positions could go either way - I do worry about them needing to hit the ground running (particularly compared to Hainault and Wohlfarth, who got a good feel for the side before being pitched in).

Edited by bunglebonce

Do County fans think that AH and EI will play abroad next season or end up at other SPL clubs ? .

I would think that Hainault will be back in the MLS, but who knows. I'm certain Oikonomou would have turned heads domestically.

Not sure about Oiko, but Andre was apparently pretty homesick. I'd expect he'll be back in the MLS too.

Starting the season Celtic (a), Partick (h), St. Johnstone (a) and we've not got a derby until the 26th of October (at the GES).

Certainly an interesting first few games for us!

Yeah, there's probably not a better time to play Celtic. I remember Aberdeen holding out pretty well on the opening game last season against a rusty looking Celtic side, apart from a Clangers special. If a drubbing happens, well the season starts the week after.

I'm at Belladrum so Celtic away is great: it's the one fixture I knew I wouldn't go to. Having the first derby in Dingwall could be handy. I think it's a kind set of fixtures for County.

I'd agree, it's certainly not a bad set of fixtures. If it wasn't for Clangers, Aberdeen would have earned themselves a draw at CP on the opening day last year, and they weren't exactly any great shakes (we picked up 7/9 points against them). So I'd agree, possibly the best time to meet Celtic.

Of course, the St. Mirren game at home is also followed by Hibs away, who we've got a 100% record against to date. Every game is unpredictable, but that is arguably a very favourable start.

Edit: I too will be missing the Celtic match in favour of Bella'. If it had been a home game I would have snuck out for a while, but nevermind. Maybe it'll be on the TV, or even better... the Sunday when Bella' is over anyway. Pretty sure the flag unfurling is always a 3pm Saturday game though.

Edit again: I see the Hibs v Motherwell game is already the Sunday, which suggests the Saturday 3pm KO for us is already decided then.

Edited by Spain

I too will be missing the Celtic match in favour of Bella'. If it had been a home game I would have snuck out for a while, but nevermind. Maybe it'll be on the TV, or even better... the Sunday when Bella' is over anyway. Pretty sure the flag unfurling is always a 3pm Saturday game though.

Celtic v Aberdeen kicked off last season at 12.45pm on the Saturday. I imagine our game this season will be the same.

Celtic v Aberdeen kicked off last season at 12.45pm on the Saturday. I imagine our game this season will be the same.

Yeah I just checked that myself, hopefully be able to make my way somewhere to watch it then. Fortunately I'll have an all-area-pass again, so even if I have to watch it on the Sky Player on my laptop in the press bus I'll be watching.

Edited by Spain

Yeah I just checked that myself, hopefully be able to make my way somewhere to watch it then. Fortunately I'll have an all-area-pass again, so even if I have to watch it on the Sky Player on my laptop in the press bus I'll be watching.

But Mr Boom will be on in one of the family tents at that time! <_<

But Mr Boom will be on in one of the family tents at that time! <_<

I went to Mr Boom a couple of years ago. Was great fun. I was absolutely blazing at the time though. Plus it turns out Ally (the guy from the SPLYouTube video) actually knew Mr Boom. His uncle and Mr Boom are best mates or something like that.

Does that rule you out of watching it then?

I remember Mr Boom at Dingwall Town Hall for the gala week when I was 14. Some friends and I went to see it, but with the place full of mothers with their toddlers and only three adolescent males, it felt a bit creepy. I listened sadly to the show on the Church St kerb.

As it turns out, watching him as a 25 year old in a woman's sexy Queen of Hearts outfit is much more creepy. This year's fancy dress theme is carnival. I dread to imagine...

I don't have a jammy fancy schmancy pass, so unless I lure one from Mr Boom (the cocquette that I am), I'll probably just sing along to Snappy Crocodile instead of seeing the match.