The General Ross County Chat Thread

Can't see what Ketts has done this season to be offered a new contract. He is average at best, we have a few average midfielders signed up for next year. The Midfield was the area that caused most issues in the 1st half of the season.

Tidser would be a great signing, but I think Rotherham have made it clear it is a loan and they see a big future for him there.

Can't see what Ketts has done this season to be offered a new contract. He is average at best, we have a few average midfielders signed up for next year. The Midfield was the area that caused most issues in the 1st half of the season.

So you keep telling us and we don't all agree.

Despite his limitations, he is a good enough player to be in match squads. Do you not think he improved the team against Partick Thistle? If the same team that played ICT last time played against PT then I think County would have lost, for all the reasons I put on OTB at the time. Kettlewell's inclusion there made a big difference to the balance of the midfield, albeit his passing was sloppy under duress.

Would he be brought in during the summer to improve the squad if he wasn't already here? Probably not, but his experience both with the club and his career before then is invaluable.

Having said that, I take the point that if Quinn is signed up and Adams brings in more midfielders to replace Kiss and Tidser then it's difficult to see where Kettlewell is going to fit in.

Edited by bunglebonce

Having Quinn, Klok and Matseen signed up for next season does force my thoughts about Ketts. Decent squad player but no more, and we have enough of them in midfield already. He has great passion and work rate, but his positional play is very poor at times. Our Centre backs were very exposed in the early part of the season when he Played there. Two or three great tackles in a game doesn't cover his short comings for me.

Don't think he is any weaker the other I mentioned, but I find it frustrating when I hear everything would be okay if Ketts was in the team.

• 2 weeks later...

The online assertions that crisis club Ross County are carrying a £6,000,000 debt is staggering indeed.

I'm sure that Royston, despite offshore renewables being all washed up, has the confidence of his financial backers to get himself out of the mess.

Oh boy, yesterday was fun. The only shine taken off my gloating is that you all know Adams is a chunt and admit it freely. Spoilsports.

I guess the normal reply you have of how you are still glad he is your manager must be wearing thin now though? County are so lucky there are a handful of absolutely horrendous teams this season, might even see you survive.

Edit - Hah just saw better replays of the Hammil incident. It doesn't reduce the accuracy of my post, but perhaps the validity of its timing!

Edited by FrankChickens1

We're in a poor position because last summer we lost some key squad members and did a really bad job replacing them. And as far as I'm aware, it's not Derek Adams who makes the signings, its his old man, so if there was the need for fingers to be pointed then...That said, he's obviously had a far from perfect season, there's been stupid decisions and stupid comments at times. But so long as we stay up I think calling for his head is premature. Though we do have some reasonably decent players in the squad & I'm not really sure that Derek has gotten the best out of them. He went far too long with De Leeuw on the bench for one.

We're in a poor position because last summer we lost some key squad members and did a really bad job replacing them. And as far as I'm aware, it's not Derek Adams who makes the signings, its his old man, so if there was the need for fingers to be pointed then...That said, he's obviously had a far from perfect season, there's been stupid decisions and stupid comments at times. But so long as we stay up I think calling for his head is premature. Though we do have some reasonably decent players in the squad & I'm not really sure that Derek has gotten the best out of them. He went far too long with De Leeuw on the bench for one.

Agree, however would reckon that DA identifies the signings and GA will do the deals, so to speak?

Melvin De Leeuw has been rumoured to have been struggling with injury on and off for a fair bit of the season, whether that's right, or whether there are other factors at play I don't know.

One thing that the club /management team do seem to be good at is keeping politics in house (which is the way I think it should be)

I do instantly get concerned, however when someone like Arquin just seems to drop out of the team with no apparent reason. Spat or injury? Suppose time will tell.

Overall I think the Adams' do an excellent job of running the club and dread the (inevitable) day when their time is up.

Edited by Staggie#Wearethehighlands

Wind your neck in, nobody is stupid enough to lend a provincial football club £6m these days.

Sorry about that. It may or may not not extend to £6,000,000.

I wonder just how much Ross County red Royston has on his global spreadsheet.

Whilst in receipt of so much public money for the failing Nigg project, I don't think its fair that he can write off so much against his publicity vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...

It might be the wrong game but it might not be the worst thing in the world to have him out for a game. He has the 'undroppable' thing that a lot of players have, and this season I'm not sure why.