The General Ross County Chat Thread

Imrie would be a terrible signing, he's not cut out for topflight football - as shown by St. Mirren punting him to Morton.

There seems to be Twitter talk of Joe Malin returning to County? Strange if true, given that he was released last season presumably because he wasn't going to get an opportunity ahead of two, relatively poor, goalkeepers.

Why would we release Michael Fraser and take in Joe Malin? I don't get it.

It's a bizzare one if true. Malin wasn't good enough for us in Division 2, I don't see how a couple of seasons keeping clean sheets against the likes of Strathspey and Fort William will have prepared him for Premiership football.

Plucked from obscurity, but I'm 99% on this: Colin Cozens.

Who?

It's a bizzare one if true. Malin wasn't good enough for us in Division 2, I don't see how a couple of seasons keeping clean sheets against the likes of Strathspey and Fort William will have prepared him for Premiership football.

I think the 'if true' bit in that one is the key. Is anyone sure of the origin of that story? The first I saw of it was on the Ross County News Twitter feed. Given he previously ran with my Steven Adams rumour, that shows he's not adverse to picking up a bullshit story and going with it!

Iko is away. :(

Happy that Brown and Saunders have signed new contracts though. Hopefully Saunders can get an injury free season this time round and we see what he's all about. Brown our full time goalkeeping coach too.

If Brown is our back up keeper I am fine with that. If he is our number 1 I ain't confident.

Saunders could be decent if he manages to stay fit and get a good preseason under his belt.

ETA- I wouldn't expect the Goalkeeping coach to be number 1, so hopefully a quality keeper coming in!

Edited by Capital_stag

Pleased with Brown staying as a coach and having him as a second choice goalkeeper wouldn't be the worst bit of business. Saunders has looked okay when he's played but it's potentially a waste of a wage if he can't keep himself fit, mind you I'd rather have him as back-up at centre-back than Brian McLean. Disappointed about Iko leaving but he'll probably be back next January :whistle

Do you mean Steven Adams?

Yeah, iPhone autocorrect.

Now I'm at a proper computer I can comment on the other happenings of the day too. Brown and Saunders signing is neutral news in my book. Brown is ok, nothing special, but there are worse keepers out there. Saunders could be good if he stays fit and gets his form back (and plays CB) but as it stands hasn't offered us much to date. Oiko going is a shame, but not entirely unexpected.

All in all, I hope for more inspiring news soon.

Incidentally, what I'm saying is I'm calling shenanigans on Malin.