The General Ross County Chat Thread

You sure? I know you said Carey was leaving, so I'll go with your judgement.

I never said Carey was leaving, although it certainly looks that way. My mate knows Carey's girlfriend and all I ever said was that his girlfriend quit her job in Inverness about a week after the season finished.

Mixed feelings about Taouil. He won't score goals or necessarily set them up, he doesn't offer much protection to the back four either.

Yet he's so efficient at taking the ball forward ten yards and finding someone to their feet, plus he has a tidy through ball when the moment arrives. He's not scared to receive the ball under pressure, draw players towards him and then release it to someone who is free. He rarely wastes a pass.

He'd be spot on in a midfield three beside, say, a scoring midfielder like Kiss and an anchor behind him.

He can get easily swamped in a central two, just like in the game that Wohlfarth scored two when Taouil was taken off at half-time.

Edited by bunglebonce

Gary Glen signed on at Livi. Good luck to Gary Goals Glen, more than capable at that level IMO.

He's one of those players - a Gary Harkins if you like - who will do well in the Championship but just isn't quite good enough for the top flight.