The General Ross County Chat Thread

Melvin De Leeuw appears to have signed for a midtable Thai Premier League team (Army United, who play in Bangkok).

I'm going to wake up soon and this season will just be the fragmented memories of a bad dream.

I really do despair. Wish the management made more of an effort with him, absolutely crying out for someone with his creativity.

I really do despair. Wish the management made more of an effort with him, absolutely crying out for someone with his creativity.

The Thai league? I've never seen a Thai league game, but surely De Leeuw's capable of playing for a far, far better team than that. Or even a far worse one at a higher level?

I'd really like a right back and a creative midfielder please. But I'm preparing myself for centre half and non-scoring striker.

The Thai league? I've never seen a Thai league game, but surely De Leeuw's capable of playing for a far, far better team than that. Or even a far worse one at a higher level?

I'd really like a right back and a creative midfielder please. But I'm preparing myself for centre half and non-scoring striker.

I've seen a couple of games on the TV when out on holiday. It looked like pretty high tempo stuff but lacks any quality (although by the sounds of things, there's some money been thrown at it now). Mind you, De Leeuw will look a world beater without needing to over exert plus he picks up a decent wedge and will be staying in a massive city; as opposed to staying at a terrible County side, probably having less disposable income, and having Inverness as his nearest bustling metropolis.

On a totally unrelated note, I see County had 10 (out of 14) "British" players play against Saint Mirren. So much for the much vaunted "BRITISH GRIT AND DETERMINATION" that folk on OTB were hoping for.

Edited by yoda

Toshney looked alright at first but I'm happy to trust the manager's judgement on this.

There is some serious tightening up needed in the performances -

inconsistent defence, (apparently including Quin's less-talented identical twin) is not helping.

Controlling - or dominating - the midfield is not happening much either.

Jim McIntyre may yet build a performing team. I can continue my complacency for a while longer as it does feel like this lot can do much better. Especially with just 1 or 2 inspiring additions if they can be found. A creative spark or two please.

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Fraser-to-join-County-until-end-of-season-20012015.htm?

I see Toshney has been punted and Marcus Fraser has been brought in. Can't say I know much about him either he was at Celtic as a youth player. Interesting to see what our defence will pan out to be for about the 20th different time this season.

There was some chat in this thread previously on him.

I dont know how to link quotes, but if you do a search in this thread for "Fraser" they'll come up.

I put this on OTB a while back too:

"Only made 9 appearances for Cowdenbeath but Jimmy Nicholl and their fans saw him as a fixture in their defence and a big loss now he's gone (some fans have said he has been excellent, outstanding, and their best player this season). He was on an emergency loan there from Celtic, so they couldnt extend the loan, but I understand has now been released by Celtic and is available on a free. Also interest from English League One, not sure who though.

From what I've trawled from the web, he has been likened to a young John Kennedy (tho maybe not quite as good) composed and good on the ball, likes to break forward and has good pace. Although could maybe do with bulking up a bit, but has more than held his own in the Championship. I think he may have been coming back from a bad injury, but there hasn't been any sign of that during his time at Cowdenbeath. In the Scotland u-21 squad too.

Could be promising? Sounds like a younger, rawer, more affordable Songo'o in a way. (In a desperate 'God I want Songo'o back!' kind of way)"

Edited by dingdong1929

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Fraser-to-join-County-until-end-of-season-20012015.htm?

... likened to a young John Kennedy (tho maybe not quite as good) ...

Could be promising? Sounds like a younger, rawer, more affordable Songo'o in a way. (In a desperate 'God I want Songo'o back!' kind of way)"

I liked JFK and the Dead Kennedys on the whole.

Fraser is a good signing for County. Felt he was too good for us but couldn't see him breaking through at a top 6 club. He's strong, good positionally and very composed on the ball. Hopefully you'll have a more settled backline as we always seemed to be chopping and changing our team.

Hope he does the business for you. If not then we'll gladly have him back!

Fraser is a good signing for County. Felt he was too good for us but couldn't see him breaking through at a top 6 club. He's strong, good positionally and very composed on the ball. Hopefully you'll have a more settled backline as we always seemed to be chopping and changing our team.

I'm not familiar with this concept...? :unsure:

Thanks for the feedback, encouraging! Although there is not a prayer of that bit in bold :(

Was he always CB for you? There's thoughts he will be RB for us (or back-up for CB and RB).

Thanks for the feedback, encouraging! Although there is not a prayer of that bit in bold :(

Was he always CB for you? There's thoughts he will be RB for us (or back-up for CB and RB).

Whenever I saw him he was playing in on the right side of a back 3 (we tend to play a 3-5-2 or a 3-who knows). I don't think he'd have a problem at right back although I'm not sure how good a crosser he'll be if you're hoping he'll be up and down the lines.

Whenever I saw him he was playing in on the right side of a back 3 (we tend to play a 3-5-2 or a 3-who knows). I don't think he'd have a problem at right back although I'm not sure how good a crosser he'll be if you're hoping he'll be up and down the lines.

Someone who can get near a left midfielder in possession of the ball would be a massive improvement.

Someone who can pass more so.

Someone who can cross as well? I'm in love :wub:

So aye, even if he cant cross, he'll be an improvement.

The lad looks to have potential, so hopefully he'll develop with us, even if he doesn't make a first team impact and save our season over the next few months.

Edited by dingdong1929

Thanks guys for Arquin. Although he did not score last night he played a significant part in our continued progress. Holding a ball up; running off the ball to create space; winning headers; closing defenders down; slick passing and shooting. Besides McLean he is the best forward we have had this season (not that that would have been hard). Early days I know but if he can continue like that then we should improve significantly as we now look like we have 11 players on the park instead of the usual 10. :)

He had a similar impact at Ross County this time last year. Those were the days.

As long as he feels wanted he will be motivated. A motivated Arquin is much better than the rest of St Mirren's and Ross County's forwards.

The good feeling doesn't last forever. But he's the perfect foil for McLean at the moment and that's as good a reason for County finishing 12th as any.

Oh, and it looks like Brittain is now out for 4-6 weeks with a hamstring tear. There goes the only player in the team who can play a cross field pass.

In fairness, the majority of County fans predicted exactly what you've said, and so far it's come to pass.

Thing is, as we all know, footballers sometimes just need to leave a club. I don't think we can be too smug re Arquin when 1) he hasn't scored yet and hasn't completed two games and 2) Gowser and Harkins seem to be faring so well at Dundee. One man's waster is another's star signing. Sometimes.

It'll feel like a sore one if we start to pull away from you and he continues to do well, but he was clearly at the end of the road at Dingwall no matter which way you cut it.

Arquin had in effect no opposition as we have played all season without a forward worthy of the name although I have always believed that McLean would be better played as a forward than a midfielder and we were forced to play him there due to the ineptitude of the others carrying that label. That being said Arquin looks ok and a good foil for McLean and our other attacking midfielders like McGinn and Mallan. I'll sent him an email every week to tell him how wanted he is :)

And I wasn't trying to be smug about Arquin - just delighted to see he is better than I hoped and looks very useful for us. That may change and yes it is galling for me to see McGowan, Harkins, Magennis and even Imrie all play better for other clubs than they ever did for us (except McGowan whom I would never have let go considering he wanted to stay). And letting McGinn and Slater go was also a mistake but some you win .......

Thanks guys for Arquin. Although he did not score last night he played a significant part in our continued progress. Holding a ball up; running off the ball to create space; winning headers; closing defenders down; slick passing and shooting. Besides McLean he is the best forward we have had this season (not that that would have been hard). Early days I know but if he can continue like that then we should improve significantly as we now look like we have 11 players on the park instead of the usual 10. :)

It's only a matter of time until he fails to pick up a man at a corner and is hounded out the club though so I wouldn't get too excited.