The General Ross County Chat Thread

Another striker. I have no idea what more Boyce has to do.

That aside, Mrs Sernas... Oh boy.

It sounds like he's an attacking midfielder, wide forward, striker kinda combo. May well feature in Carey's position instead of up-front.

Craigkillie made this quiz. I gave up at 61/62, forgetting one of this season's top goalscorers for the club.

Sernas looks very much like competition for the centre forward spot rather than an attacking midfielder, judging from YouTube. He's not a creator but someone who can both run behind defences and shoot from range.

That quiz for this season alone?

Craigkillie made this quiz. I gave up at 61/62, forgetting one of this season's top goalscorers for the club.

Sernas looks very much like competition for the centre forward spot rather than an attacking midfielder, judging from YouTube. He's not a creator but someone who can both run behind defences and shoot from range.

I got them all. Genius. Although I was greatly helped by the fact it was in alphabetical order, if it was sorted by how soon they made their first appearance I would have only got about 40.

ad00hc.png

This guy on Twitter is the only source I've seen County linked with McShane.

He's a jolly good footballer, a central midfielder with a lot of zest. He scored a goal typical of what we saw from McIntyre's team earlier in the season, pressing up, forcing the error and capitalising - a very Kettlewell type goal if you will. This was a week after McIntyre joined County.

http://youtu.be/KsxYeOILZoU?t=3m38s

Edited by bunglebonce

ad00hc.png

This guy on Twitter is the only source I've seen County linked with McShane.

He's a jolly good footballer, a central midfielder with a lot of zest. He scored a goal typical of what we saw from McIntyre's team earlier in the season, pressing up, forcing the error and capitalising - a very Kettlewell type goal if you will. This was a week after McIntyre joined County.

McIntyre is clearly a fan. Although he was a youth player at Queens he was released after a serious injury and it was JM who brought him back. He also stuck by him when most supporters wouldn't have had him anywhere near the starting XI. This faith seemed to be getting repaid this season as he was tremendous at the beginning. His form has dipped recently though, possibly since the transfer speculation started, and definitely since he lost his midfield partner Mark Kerr.

I'm not convinced he would add much to a relegation scrap though. He's not a "grafter" and he often shirks tackles. He doesn't score many goals either. He's our dedicated set-piece taker and is very inconsistent in that regard. We'll either score from his corner, or it won't beat the first man. Very frustrating!

What he does have is a great eye for a pass, and a good range of passing. He's a quick thinker, and I thought his positional sense, (something I thought he was badly lacking when he first broke through) had improved dramatically.

Overall I would suggest it would be a poor move for all parties, unless you're already building for the Championship?

Are you likely to open your chequebook because he is contracted until 2016?

Edited by palmy_cammy