The General Ross County Chat Thread

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I’d be very surprised if Harmon wasn’t their first priority. I think he’s a very decent player.    Sims I thought would leave last season, but since Christmas he’s been a bit more effective.  Keep.  Callachan absoluteky loves it here, so I think he’d be easy to negotiate with.    On the fence.    He can be at least as effective as Turner.  Efete didn’t look any better than Brown .   Would be surprised if he came back.  

Dhanda will be missed.  I see he’s responded to every single good luck message on instagram.  What a fella.  

Yah Dhanda just comes across as a really likeable player as well as being a decent footballer. I really hope to see him get in the Hearts first team and hope Hearts do well in Europe especially with him there. Few players I follow their careers after. Ross Stewart was the last I felt this way about. I was gutted to see him injured so much last season.

The positive thing about Dhanda leaving, that any other players with talent and an excellent attitude will see that Ross County can be a very successful stepping stone for their entire career. Ross Stewart, Jackson Irvine are 2 examples. There is no reason why another cannot be found. 2 or more would be huge! Will take time, very careful consideration before signing them yet I'm confident under Don Cowie if the right player is found County can do really well next season. 

Maybe I’m being harsh, but I really hope Efete isn’t getting a new deal. I thought he below average, and certainly no better than James Brown.

Hopefully Harmon and Sims get new deals. Would be surprised if Callachan was away too. 

47 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Maybe I’m being harsh, but I really hope Efete isn’t getting a new deal. I thought he below average, and certainly no better than James Brown.

Hopefully Harmon and Sims get new deals. Would be surprised if Callachan was away too. 

Have to say I really like Efete, me and the kids thought he was stronger than Brown (though they don't like Brown that much - and I think he is good) I seem to be in the minority but I'd like to keep both they are slightly different but I think they both have something to offer

51 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I totally agree re Efete, has been consistently underwhelming 

Posted (edited)

Back up, fine. 

Brown’s deliveries vs Raith Rovers showed how important he can be to the team when on song. Brown is an asset in the final third and his defending is underrated. There’s no comparison, IMO, albeit Brown’s form dropped badly over the winter.

Edited by bunglebonce

Would keep efete to be back up for brown, we aren’t going to get much better level for a back up, also Randall is there too! , would be delighted to see Harmon sign on a long term deal he’s a very handy player, sims and callachan I’m happy enough to see stay also , callachan will be like a new signing

We have to be sensible the two past seasons of finishing 11th would indicate that the squad isn’t good enough, looking to keep the majority of the players from that squad and expecting an improvement on league position would be optimistic at best.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Back with Macron.  Hoping for retro minimalist Macron rather than modernist Macron. 

Macron macron?

Kit released in 2/3 weeks apparently.

IMG_3334.jpeg

Edited by Lanky Highlander

3 hours ago, central staggie said:

Given the Macron statement on the club's socials, there might be a nod to the fact its 30 years since we were granted entry into the SPFL.

Yeah. Dunc Chisholm was on the County Corner podcast a while back and said as much.

Nice to see Macron back. They did some good stuff for us before (albeit some bad stuff too). Can only hope the club haven't taken too much "creative control" and left it to the professionals.

Posted (edited)

Jay Henderson away to Ayr.  Given he’s out of contract at the end of the year, I’m guessing that’s the last we’ve seen of him in a County shirt. 

Our record transfer fees have been spent on a striker who looks a stone overweight and would rather be anywhere else, a midfielder who can’t play as a 6 or an 8, and a winger who played 15 games and has now left the club.   

I get that Brophy is a pure Uncle Roy legacy signing, but the other two have been pretty scandalous uses of resources. 

Edited by Savage Henry

7 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Jay Henderson away to Ayr.  Given he’s out of contract at the end of the year, I’m guessing that’s the last we’ve seen of him in a County shirt. 

I was told its a 3yr contract he signed last yr

8 hours ago, Zeto-83 said:

I was told its a 3yr contract he signed last yr

Quite possibly.  There quite a bit of dispute about what contracts actually were handed out.