The General Ross County Chat Thread

13 minutes ago, forkboy said:

Some coaching changes. Mostly I wanted to post it because I had never seen Don's brother? before & holy shit with that goatee he looks like Mirror Universe Don Cowie, Don Cowie but evil.

Just needed to get that thought off my chest.

The Darkest Timeline you say?

tumblr_lt1eohEoVM1qlfn3ro1_500.gif

20 minutes ago, forkboy said:

Some coaching changes. Mostly I wanted to post it because I had never seen Don's brother? before & holy shit with that goatee he looks like Mirror Universe Don Cowie, Don Cowie but evil.

With a Moriarty as well, it looks like we aren't going to be soft touches this season. 

Off the top of my mind we’ve lost

turner

dhanda

callachan 

Borthwick jackson

wickens 

king

henderson

Ayina

tillson

jenks

mackinnon 

Wright 

Khela

sims??

albeit some of these players were out on loan but to replace all of them with 5 would seem madness, for example if we sign Telfer he’d effectively have to replace Dhanda , callachan and Khela all in one 

3 hours ago, central staggie said:

So, the club are looking to bring in 10 players?

I can live with Hamilton as second choice keeper, as long as Laidlaw plays 100% of the games next season.

I think 14 players have left including Turner and Henderson this season. 10 is hardly an unrealistic figure if 5 are going to be more to fill the squad. If 5 was the case we're only adding 2 more before the window shuts?

44 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

I think 14 players have left including Turner and Henderson this season. 10 is hardly an unrealistic figure if 5 are going to be more to fill the squad. If 5 was the case we're only adding 2 more before the window shuts?

I wasn't saying it's unrealistic. In fact, It was more in hope you were spot on and we will see more than a few more players through the door.

I had read SF talking about 5 or 6 players coming in, hadn't seen the article you were referring to but glad that's indeed the case.

1 hour ago, forkboy said:

Aye, thats his brother, nickname Zico

1 hour ago, Steve Carrella said:

With a Moriarty as well, it looks like we aren't going to be soft touches this season. 

It’s nice to see the club letting the fans know Watson the agenda in terms of coaching. 

Seriously though, I’m so glad Adams believed in loans, as that team was absolutely bloated with dross. 

Edited by Savage Henry

38 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Very good player Charlie,   works tirelessly for 90 minutes and never hides,  a Team player,  probably lacks pace for the top league though....

We need a bit better than that.  As a bench player, fine, but if he’s starting out first game of the season we’re in all sorts of bother.  

45 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Very good player Charlie,   works tirelessly for 90 minutes and never hides,  a Team player,  probably lacks pace for the top league though....

Must be two Charlie Telfers cause the one that played for Falkirk hid on most occasions & whilst there was the occasional glimpse he was pedestrian at best. Not a hope he's good enough for the Premier 

Good luck to guy but I do hope that we’ll start signing guys that will actually improve our starting 11. That’ll be just the one more signing coming then going by Ferguson’s previous comments? We’re going to need more than that or it’s going to be 11th at best again.

1 hour ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

Must be two Charlie Telfers cause the one that played for Falkirk hid on most occasions & whilst there was the occasional glimpse he was pedestrian at best. Not a hope he's good enough for the Premier 

He swept the board with your Player of the Year awards that season did he not..